http://www.smcars.net/forums/index.php?topic=11973.0

BuddyP
08-02-2005, 06:53 PM
That's impressive!

kmcanally
08-02-2005, 07:04 PM
very impressive indeed....

read this quote from one of the other model guys in that thread:

"THe wheels seem to lowprofile for that type of wheel. Any other wheel like a American Thrustmaster II and its fine but for me those wheels look a tad odd as low profile. Other than that sweet work."

formula
08-02-2005, 09:19 PM
American Thrustmaster II

yeah, i think the local red-light movie theater was playing that one a while back.....came out right after saving ryan's privates.

kmcanally
08-03-2005, 04:51 AM
and showing right before this movie was FlowTorque the original muffler in a wheel movie....er something like that anyways

Little Bob
08-03-2005, 05:05 AM
I didn't read the responses. I just saw the renderings. I could understand if he was from another country and didn't really understand how some names are spelled. But he's from Georgia and he's an administrator for the site.

CAMAROBOY69
08-03-2005, 05:09 AM
Absolutely amazing. If he didnt tell anyone it was a render I bet most people would have never known. Make sure to look at the pics towards the bottome too of the blue and red one. I really like the primer looking ones for some reason. :)

JoshStratton
08-03-2005, 05:33 AM
Wow. Looks like Kris could have a little eventual competition. Although his are just incredibly unique. Those seem a little too stock for this site.

kmcanally
08-03-2005, 06:05 AM
They are stock but are they not a more accurate representation of the cars? Don't get me wrong I love Kris's work and one day would like to have him do my car. But whenever I look at a rendering that Kris does for a project I always think that the subtle body mods in his model are going to be incorporated into the car. I am not talking about specific items like exhaust openings/tips or any spoilers/flares either. I am talking about the basic lines of the body. Kris takes some liberties to smooth and round where the factory did not. Thats just his style and I love it...kind of like a real mild characterture (sic?)

JoshStratton
08-03-2005, 06:09 AM
I am talking about the basic lines of the body. Kris takes some liberties to smooth and round where the factory did not.

I totally agree with you! I am still waiting for someone to turn down the front of a Camaro hood and fenders the way his renderings turn out. Can you imagine the work involved with that? Yikes!

KrisHorton
08-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Wow. Looks like Kris could have a little eventual competition.

That's what I was thinking. But if you look at the post dates on there, it took him a year to finish the model. Yow. :hand:

Pretty great work though. Just like my models, there are liberties that have been taken. The sides of his model's body seem really flat. Anyone with a good eye could pick my 69 renderings apart pretty easily since it was on of the first cars I ever did. I think if I did one from scratch today, I could do it a lot better.

It's nice to see someone over there do justice to a classic. Seems most of the time it's either imports being done or classics being butchered. This guy did a great job. Maybe I need an assistant... :evil:

Kris

96Z28SS
08-03-2005, 09:04 AM
They are stock but are they not a more accurate representation of the cars? Don't get me wrong I love Kris's work and one day would like to have him do my car. But whenever I look at a rendering that Kris does for a project I always think that the subtle body mods in his model are going to be incorporated into the car. I am not talking about specific items like exhaust openings/tips or any spoilers/flares either. I am talking about the basic lines of the body. Kris takes some liberties to smooth and round where the factory did not. Thats just his style and I love it...kind of like a real mild characterture (sic?)

I have to agree with you that those renderings are alot more accurate and have alot more detail than the other renderings I've seem.

kmcanally
08-03-2005, 09:08 AM
I totally agree with you! I am still waiting for someone to turn down the front of a Camaro hood and fenders the way his renderings turn out. Can you imagine the work involved with that? Yikes!

So I am not the only one that noticed the sloped hood and fenders!

kmcanally
08-03-2005, 09:10 AM
That's what I was thinking. But if you look at the post dates on there, it took him a year to finish the model. Yow. :hand:

Pretty great work though. Just like my models, there are liberties that have been taken. The sides of his model's body seem really flat. Anyone with a good eye could pick my 69 renderings apart pretty easily since it was on of the first cars I ever did. I think if I did one from scratch today, I could do it a lot better.

It's nice to see someone over there do justice to a classic. Seems most of the time it's either imports being done or classics being butchered. This guy did a great job. Maybe I need an assistant... :evil:

Kris

you just keep doing things the way you are already doing them....IMO that is your unique style....your signature

KrisHorton
08-03-2005, 10:03 AM
So I am not the only one that noticed the sloped hood and fenders!

They hood and fenders aren't turned down that dramatically. The car was modeled against a blueprint, so it's fairly close.

I do see what you mean, I just don't think it's that dramatic.

Here's a decent comparison:

http://www.lateral-g.org/rendition/stuartposter800.jpg
http://www.lateral-g.net/adamszl1/alum1.jpg

Kris