PDA

View Full Version : Did'nt pull the trigger.

zooboy
10-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Found a 1964 Lamons convertible at a sale the other day, it was numbers matching 326 4 speed car with very little rust. It came with a 1964 389 stock bore and a few extra parts. I have a good friend that just recently purchased a 1965 GTO and this motor would be perfect for his car. Might I add that I have been working on my Camaro in his shop every Sunday for the past two years. He came and looked at the car, got a contact number for the owner and we both went our seperate ways. This Sunday I showed up at the shop and he had bought the car and it was sitting in the back part of the shop. I am not only regretting not buying the car myself I am going to have to see it every week for the next I don't know how many years sitting in a dark corner of his shop untill he decides to do something with it. Have you ever had to live with the shame of not buying a car. WHAT WAS I THINKING.

srh3trinity
10-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Ouch! There is a car I am itching to buy, but I can't justify it now. It would sit somewhere for a long time before I got to it. I don't have inside storage, so sometimes you have to let it go. Seeing it every week would be tough though.

Rod
10-24-2012, 10:39 AM
yep missed a few cars myself,

a 69 camaro last year that was flawless just needed paint 5500 bucks
a Cuda that needed a little love but ran in sacremento 2 years ago 2300 bucks
a 72 Pontiac Firebird that was a barn find out at clear lake no rust, no motor perfect interior, perfect paint 1500 bucks last december

thats the short list!

sgernon
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
I've miss a lot of good opportunies as I assume everyone here has. My worst decision was with my first car. It was a 70 Roadrunner w/ 383 4 spd and buckets. I bought it running and driving for $2500 in 1994 when I was 15 and sold it a year later for $600 after I blew the motor when I turned 16. I didn't have a clue how to fix it so i let it go. Now you can't touch a decent Roadrunner for a reasonable price

zooboy
10-25-2012, 08:37 AM
I was going to post a picture of the car but I am having trouble navigating the mobile ap.