PDA

View Full Version : Stock 69 Camaro subframe - what's it worth?

dontlifttoshift
10-17-2012, 10:25 AM
I think this is the right place.

If I had a stock subframe complete with less than a 1000 miles on a stock rebuld and disc brakes what would it be worth? Is it reasonable to expect to sell it quick for $1,500 or is that ridiculous?

Thanks

Rick D
10-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Donny, I would think if you posted it on Team Camaro or even eBay you should be able to get that or at least close to that. But...... what parts was it restored with?? If org GM parts that have been restored I think it would go fairly quick, if all of or most of the parts are aftermarket it may take alittle longer and may get alittle less.

baz67
10-18-2012, 01:45 PM
That seems a little high for a sub with stock parts

dontlifttoshift
10-18-2012, 02:09 PM
That's why I am asking......I really don't know. I noticed new repro stock subframes sell for right around 1000 bucks, that's all my guess was based on.

MrQuick
10-18-2012, 08:46 PM
I believe AMD stopped offering the repop so prices might be easier to get. It would be a great price for someone looking. I would do all the free sh it to make it more attractive....Guldstrand drill, fresh coat of paint, clean bolts, fresh turned rotors etc

Rick D
10-19-2012, 03:09 AM
Guy try to remember there are WAY more guys that will use this frame for a stock deal. Yes the audience on this and lat-g no you will not get that kind of money, but on some of the site I listed Donny will get somewhere around that number.

Joe at the Parts Place gets $500 to $700 for bare frames all day long depending on condition.

I can tell you when I had my resto shop I restored a lot of sub frames and it was way into the thousands to do.

jwcarguy
10-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Try to market it more in your area and the northeast
I am originally from Buffalo, but have been living out here in the southwest for over 20 yrs. now, and you would expect to get maybe a little over half that out here

They are still able to be found and in good condition, rather than the rust issues back there

I used to sell a used sub (w/ arms & drum setup) for $300-$350 , stock disc setup closer to $500 (granted this was a few years ago, so please let me know if i am "off"

I agree with what was said before, go for the Team Camaro crowd / restorers

Jeff