PDA

View Full Version : 2012 regal gs front and rears brakes ...anyone?

gribbs
10-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Does anyone have an idea if the GS 14" Brembos are the same dimensions (for mounting) as vette brakes (c5/c6?). I believe a custom bracket to mount to my '66 drum brake spindles (A-Body Buick) might be needed, unless I can use one already made by a company like Kore3 makes for vette disc swaps.

Thanks for any help!

jpgolf14
10-15-2012, 01:38 PM
gribbs,

I have not seen anyone use these yet. Probably because they are crazy expensive from GM. Did you stumble upon a set of these for cheap? If you have them, we can figure this out if you can take a few measurements.

John

gribbs
10-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Hey John,

LOng and short of it is that even Tobin at Kore3 hasn't reverse engineered these yet. But, I can get em for about $600, front and back, 3 miles total on the set! I might have to jump on em and work it out later, like you're sayin. Best part is, they would be for my 66 skylark, so it's cool that they are Buick parts, after all :) I will post up if I grab em.

jpgolf14
10-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Hey John,

LOng and short of it is that even Tobin at Kore3 hasn't reverse engineered these yet. But, I can get em for about $600, front and back, 3 miles total on the set! I might have to jump on em and work it out later, like you're sayin. Best part is, they would be for my 66 skylark, so it's cool that they are Buick parts, after all :) I will post up if I grab em.

Gribbs,

It really doesn't make sense for anyone to reverse engineering those right now due to the cost. Sounds like you are getting a good deal.

I build brake brackets on the side and would be happy to help in any way possible. Chances are good those calipers have the same dimensions as some other GM Brembos. They sure look the same as the gen I CTS-V / Camaro 4 pots.

Do you have access to them to grab some measurements?

Would need:

mounting holes center to center distance
distance from mounting holes to edge of rotor

That would be a good start.

John

jpgolf14
10-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Gribbs,

I did a little research for you. According to Autozone, the GS rotor is the same as the 2010+ SS Camaro rotor. With that said, I bet the caliper is the same as well. Just a different coat of paint.

gribbs
10-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks so much man...the only thing really stopping me now is the $500 bucks....costs are adding up fast and I was hoping to paint the car this month. That info will be key and if I can have someone with experience build me some brackets for a good price, that would be sweet. I hope I can use my stock drum spindles - I guess that is just another hurdle to jump, if and when the time comes.

Thanks again for instilling some confidence in this for me John.

Gribbs,

I did a little research for you. According to Autozone, the GS rotor is the same as the 2010+ SS Camaro rotor. With that said, I bet the caliper is the same as well. Just a different coat of paint.

jpgolf14
10-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Gribbs,

$500 is a decent price, but probably not that great. Think about this. IF those calipers are the same as the Camaro then they are also the same as the first gen CTS-V. You can buy these calipers brand new for

$240 for BOTH on Amazon. Delco part numbers:

and $150 for BOTH rotors on Amazon. Delco part number:

1771050 x2

So you are talking $400 for new calipers and rotors. Plus about $40 in caliper hardware kits plus $50-100 for pads.

John

Thanks so much man...the only thing really stopping me now is the $500 bucks....costs are adding up fast and I was hoping to paint the car this month. That info will be key and if I can have someone with experience build me some brackets for a good price, that would be sweet. I hope I can use my stock drum spindles - I guess that is just another hurdle to jump, if and when the time comes.

Thanks again for instilling some confidence in this for me John.

gribbs
10-18-2012, 03:19 PM
It was $500 for front AND back though. But I do hear ya...I will still need a master and a booster(?) and maybe new spindles.....no doubt the final cost is high...