PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Challenge Series 2013

RobNoLimit
10-12-2012, 11:22 AM
We are in the planning stages of 2013, and we're working hard to put together a series of events. At the moment we are looking at a six event series. Three dates at AMP in Riverside, one at the FairPlex in Pomona, one in Camarillo, and one in the San Diego area. The 200 TW tire rule will be kept as the standard. We are shifting from five classes based on body type to three classes based on level of modification. Stock, Modified, and Pro. Points will be awarded at each event and totaled for the series. We are hoping to add a very special prize for the points winner. Let me know what you think.

DTM Racing
10-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Awesome! Hope I can make them!

Rod
10-12-2012, 03:49 PM
awesome get some dates up and i will see if I can add to the yearly race schedule to get down there to race

CA B4C
10-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Rob,
You have a great program and I'm willing to support it 100%. What are your ideas on the differences between stock and modified vehicles? The road course at the Fairplex might be a little too fast without a few chicanes ... have you considered using the parking lot at Irwindale? Let me know what I can do to help.

So Cal Camaro
10-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Rob, Sounds great, can't wait to participate....

dunnjun
10-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm in for at least a couple Rob. I'm looking forward to seeing Hellboy run again.

Matt@BOS
10-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Glad to see your plan for the SoCal Challenge starting to take shape. If you need any extra help for a San Diego event, let me know, I would be happy to help out!

Matt

Tomswheels
10-13-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm in!

Cris@JCG
10-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Rob- I am in! Just let me know what we can do to help support these events..

RobNoLimit
10-14-2012, 09:05 AM
things are lookin good. I am thinking of adding one more event. A one day, 'time/distance/navigation' style road rally. An appx 200 mile route through some of the nicest roads in So Cal, with 5 or 6 checkpoints. This would be a great test of driver/navigator communication, and road worthyness of the car. I have done these in the past and they are a lot of fun. What do you think? Any interest in such an event?

DTM Racing
10-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Poker runs are always a blast.

LM7_67
10-14-2012, 05:59 PM
I hope to make as many of these as possible in 2013 :)

C10 Mike
10-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Sounds like fun. Which class would my truck slot into?

Flash68
10-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I am planning on making at least one of the AMP dates in 2013.

So Cal Camaro
10-15-2012, 04:54 PM
things are lookin good. I am thinking of adding one more event. A one day, 'time/distance/navigation' style road rally. An appx 200 mile route through some of the nicest roads in So Cal, with 5 or 6 checkpoints. This would be a great test of driver/navigator communication, and road worthyness of the car. I have done these in the past and they are a lot of fun. What do you think? Any interest in such an event?

Sounds cool....I'd be in on this one...

Nessumsar
10-16-2012, 08:09 AM
You can count me in; I have most of the bugs worked out on the Nova and need my track fix!

mpozzi
10-16-2012, 08:14 AM
If the fuel prices come back down, I'll make a few. Thanks for heading this up, Rob!

Mary Pozzi

jokerswild454
10-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Rob,

This sounds like an awesome plan. I'd like to think at some point we might be able to get involved and might even be able to cover a couple of these events. Here is one of the shots I got of you barreling through the speed-stop-squared course...enjoy!

Editor, Chevyhardcore.com - Sean Haggai

RobNoLimit
10-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks Sean, great shot. We would love to have you involved. I'll keep you posted as things develope.

79-TA
10-16-2012, 11:24 PM
If the fuel prices come back down, I'll make a few. Thanks for heading this up, Rob!

Mary Pozzi

Mary, don't forget to bring a set of Hoosiers the next time you're out. Making a run at the overall track record would be pretty cool.

jokerswild454
10-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Rob,

Feel free to contact me in the future. We're based in Temecula.

[email protected]

mpozzi
10-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Wth Ho-Ho's and some inside info on the track, this is doable ...

Mary Pozzi

alcino
10-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Can the treadwear rule be changed to 180? That seems to open up the tire selection quite a bit for me(205/50/15) and I'm sure for others as well.

Matt@BOS
10-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Alcino, you won't ever be turned away for not having 200TW tires, at least no one has been in the past. You would simply be placed in the exhibition class, and would probably even receive times.

Matt

alcino
10-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Oh, I didn't realize I could still play. Sounds good but looks like my next tires should probably be 200 with other events enforcing that value.

TMIproducts
10-18-2012, 03:14 PM
This sounds awesome! I'm definitely interested!

RobNoLimit
10-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Just a quick update. Jason (from TCI) has connected us with the OCCA, and it looks as if we may be adding the 'Great Labor Day Cruise' to the event list. We are looking at the G lot, way in back, this site is almost 3x the size of the side lot space used in the past. SEMA this week, I'll keep you posted on what develops.

paulgurley
10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Awesome I'll definitely attend a few of these! I've never driven the one at the great labor day cruise but I remember watching and it seemed too small, 3x seems much better :twothumbs

79-TA
11-02-2012, 06:01 PM
This series looks pretty exciting, Rob. It'll be fun to have our little OCCA autocross back on the calendar. I really missed having it this year.

RobNoLimit
01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
News. As part of the So Cal Challenge expansion, we will be adding a point value to attending and placing at other So-Cal area events. These points will be added to the points from our events towards the 2013 season championship. To gain these points you will need to be signed up and paid for at least one So Cal Challenge event BEFORE attending the other events. BTW, the registration number that you get when you register will be your number all year, so if you want to pick a number, register soon. Events that we will be adding a point value to are GoodGuys Del-Mar, Pleasanton, and Scottsdale, RTTC (spring and fall), Cruisin' for a cure, LA Roadsters fathers day show, GNRS cruise in (car must be on the grounds) and more to be listed.
Picture points. We will also be awarding points for pictures of your car at various locations. Such as, you and your car at the Rock Store, Holcomb Ranch on Angeles Crest Hwy, Chad's Place in Big bear, Hearst Castle, at the top of Palomar mt., Vegas, Laughlin, .......... On this one, if you have any good spots, let us know.
We will also be raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project all year. We will have a link for all competitors to post up a picture of you and your car that others can pledge to. Pledge amounts will be based on A) one time pledge, or B) dollar per point. At the end of the season, points will be givin out to the top ten fund raisers.

***** Now, we are working on some really cool deals for the series champions. So get out there and drive your car, go to events, and have some fun.

Sales-TCI-Eng
01-07-2013, 02:01 PM
I am starting to get excited about this year's events. I like the time frame of the first RTTC and the first SoCal Challenge. Hopefully some of the out of state guys will stick around.

-J

RobNoLimit
02-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Our first 2013 event is almost here. The timing on this event makes it a perfect oportunity to get in shape for the season. One week after RTTC, and one week before the GoodGuys Scottsdale season opener, this is a great chance to get some valuable seat time. Spots are filling fast. Dont miss out. www.socalchallenge.com

aray327
02-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Who would have thought snow would interfere with racing in SoCal ? Looks like its happening to me! I will miss the first event as well as RTTC4. but I hope to participate in as many of the others as possible! !!

67zo6Camaro
02-06-2013, 10:11 AM
whoo hoo, Im signed up. Looking forward to seeing all you So Cal drivers (and others) at these events. Great venue selection for this upcoming racing season. Dates work perfectly if you are planning to attend any of the West Coast Goodguys. Good job for all the sponsors who have worked on this event to make it come to life.

FYI, the new Adams Motorsports track record is now in the low 43's (I think 43.3xxxx something) set by that pesky little miata on slicks. Lol.

Cheers

Sales-TCI-Eng
02-06-2013, 02:21 PM
FYI, the new Adams Motorsports track record is now in the low 43's (I think 43.3xxxx something) set by that pesky little miata on slicks. Lol.

Cheers

Is that the flared fender turbo car?

-J

dunnjun
02-06-2013, 03:34 PM
I had so much fun at this event last year, although I got eliminated way too early (thanks Brett/Rob), that I'm definitely coming back this year after RTTC. The AMP track is a hoot! Hope all the fast guys decide to show up: the Pozzis, Finch, DSE, Ridetech, Mike M., Brian H., ect., and really make things interesting( I know you'll be there Casey). No telling what kind of times they could turn pushing each other! Wished I could make more of the SoCal Challenge events, but the AMP event is a MUST DO for me! See yall in a few weeks.

So Cal Camaro
02-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm in, this is a fun event...

CA B4C
02-07-2013, 08:04 PM
If we can get the rest of Fab 53 posse out there, it'll more fun than a Lat-g party

67zo6Camaro
02-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Is that the flared fender turbo car?

-J
It's funny J, I have never seen this car....Just heard about it. Whatever it looks like I vision it with a big red and white target on it. lol

If we can get the rest of Fab 53 posse out there, it'll more fun than a Lat-g party
Kc, KC, Casey, Kdawg..... whatever your name is. It's just me myself and I. You and me should start a "I'll drive your car club".

Hope you can make it buddy, if you fit in my one position racing seat, your welcome for a session on my dime.

cheers

79-TA
02-08-2013, 12:44 AM
It's funny J, I have never seen this car....Just heard about it. Whatever it looks like I vision it with a big red and white target on it. lol

Kc, KC, Casey, Kdawg..... whatever your name is. It's just me myself and I. You and me should start a "I'll drive your car club".

Hope you can make it buddy, if you fit in my one position racing seat, your welcome for a season on my dime.

cheers

A posse is only a couple of shirts away!

Sales-TCI-Eng
02-08-2013, 10:38 AM

The last time I saw it He had more tire on that thing than the DSE Camaro had at Optima.

-J

Tomswheels
02-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Just signed up. Going from 245 tires all around to 295 front and 305 rears for this years Challenge!

So Cal Camaro
02-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Just signed up. Going from 245 tires all around to 295 front and 305 rears for this years Challenge!

Nice, you'll have plenty of grip with that set up....:)

Tomswheels
02-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Nice, you'll have plenty of grip with that set up....:)

Just trying to keep up with the Camaros!

badazz81z28
02-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Will I have a full day of racing?? Or should I fear this "elimination"? This may be my first time out and would hate to pay, drive 100 miles each way to not drive my car.

Matt@BOS
02-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Will I have a full day of racing?? Or should I fear this "elimination"? This may be my first time out and would hate to pay, drive 100 miles each way to not drive my car.

The "elimination" rounds are in the afternoon. Adams is about 120 miles from me and I would rather drive there and back than show up to a local SCCA event. You will get plenty of driving time. Much more than you would at a sanctioned autocross of some kind, You will probably get at 20 laps in before the elimination rounds start.

Matt

Cris@JCG
02-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Rob- waiting for the announcement! What we talked about today!!!

BlackPearl
02-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Is there a rookie class?

blackinkmedia
02-14-2013, 12:44 PM
We are still looking for a few sponsors for the So Cal Challenge 2013 series. If you are interested, please contact me. (714) 240-1398. You can also visit our website, www.socalchallenge.com, for event details and to register.

Sponsorship packages start at $500/event. Email me with any questions [email protected].

RobNoLimit
02-14-2013, 06:56 PM
There are two classes. We will call them 'street' and 'pro'. the guys are trying to make it as fair and fun as possible.

73CPCAMARO
02-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered and ready to have a great time!

blackinkmedia
02-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Here’s your first opportunity to gain points for the So Cal Challenge Series:

1. Post your picture on the So Cal Challenge Facebook page during the telecast of “R U faster than a Redneck” at the premiere party February 21 at J.T. Schmidt’s in Irvine. Value 1 point
2. Check in again on So Cal Challenges Facebook during the Run to the Coast event at El Toro (February 23-24) Competitors post a pic with you and your car and receive 2 points, Volunteers post a pic of you working the course and receive 1 point

Keep up to date with the latest info on Facebook or on the So Cal Challenge Web site at www.socalchallenge.com

Sales-TCI-Eng
02-26-2013, 12:33 PM
I just posted up a pic for Don on the Facebook page.

-J

blackinkmedia
03-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Come on out this Saturday, March 2, to Adams Motorsports Park and sign up for the So Cal Challenge!

Drivers get a free t-shirt and BBQ lunch.

Gates open at 8:00 am.

If you don't have a helmet, they will be available to rent at the track.

If you can't make it out, tune in to www.bangshift.com for a live feed from the track.

Nessumsar
03-01-2013, 08:39 AM
See you guys bright and early!

Matt@BOS
03-01-2013, 08:47 AM
See you guys bright and early!

Glad to see the Nova will be making an appearance. I think it has been a while, right?

Oh, and you guys got Bangshift covering the event again. Chad alone should make things entertaining.

Matt

Nessumsar
03-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Glad to see the Nova will be making an appearance. I think it has been a while, right?

Unfortunately. The last time I was able to stretch it's legs was at the first SoCal Challenge.

See you tomorrow, Matt.

BangShiftChad
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Hey hey gang. Yes, I will be there live and in person! Announcing, playing DJ, and of course shooting cool action for you to enjoy LIVE on BangShift.com. I'll put a link up here to the coverage in just a little bit so you know where to tune in, but if you miss the link don't worry. Just go to the front page of BangShift.com and we'll have a big giant picture right in front of you in the slider that you can click OR you can go to the first blog item right below it and click to watch. Super easy, and you can also watch on your phone or iPad now if you get the Ustream app which is free.

See you monkeys tomorrow! it's going to be ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!

Rod
03-01-2013, 03:20 PM
packing up the Camaro right now!! and were on the way

Nessumsar
03-01-2013, 03:51 PM
packing up the Camaro right now!! and were on the way

Ohh shoot! I thought you couldn't make this event? Glad to see you are! :cheers:

Rod
03-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Ohh shoot! I thought you couldn't make this event? Glad to see you are! :cheers:

h ha ha ha ha ha ha,, it will be FUN! with a capital "F"

Chucks73
03-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Guys if you ever need any help just give me a call. Alway willing to Volunteer.

SLO_Z28
03-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Does Rob or anyone from blackink have a copy of that cool full color flyer that you had made up? PDF, JPG, something. Would like to start advertising this on different forums, and that flyer would help :) . The camarillo event is gonna rock!

Guys if you ever need any help just give me a call. Alway willing to Volunteer.

Anyone ever tell you youre an awesome dude!