PDA

View Full Version : first gen values

lsxfirstgen
10-08-2012, 06:41 PM
I figured this would be the best place to put this, maybe. Im looking for an average number that project camaros are worth. Its only worth what someone is willing to pay, but whats seems to be a going price for first generation f bodys that are more than just scrap metal?

Fras
10-08-2012, 07:06 PM
How much of a project. I've seen just a body in fair to good condition for 5000-7000. I've seen quite a bit of good runners with a 350, fair body and paint, with no major upgrades for 16000-23000.

geberhard
10-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Fras hit on the spot, I am seeing them as cheap as $3000 (needing love), or moe ocmplete and driveable in the $7K and up.

Todd in Vancouver
10-13-2012, 04:13 PM
I would think it also depends on how many are in any given area. I wanted a '69 for years and in my part of the world they are going for stupid amounts of money. I missed a basket case 6 cyl base model with holes in every panel and it sold for $10K in 3 days. It seems that 67-68's are in the $7K-$10K range needing a complete redo.

vintageracer
10-14-2012, 06:15 AM
First Gen Prices?

DOWN! That includes finished cars and project cars!

The project cars I see for sale today continue to be rougher and rougher. Of course that's to be expected as people are now "trying" to build cars that 5 years ago were considered JUNK or parts cars. Many of the 1st Gen "Project" cars I see for sale now would need to FREE to justify any build much less the $5K-$10K that the seller is asking for his/her POS! I am not sure that FREE is a good deal on some of these 1st Gen projects I see for sale. We'll I guess FREE "might" be a decent deal if the scrap metal value exceeds the cost of fuel and time to go get the POS!

The average non-professional hobby PT car builder is still far better off and miles ahead buying a GOOD "Running & Driving" 1st Gen to start their build rather than a "Project" 1st Gen that will take YEARS to build & allow you the so called "Car Builder" to enjoy constant Bitching from the wife, girlfriend & family about that "Junk" car in the garage!

The biggest build mistake many builders make is the initial purchase of the wrong car to build!