PDA

View Full Version : Rossette rivets?

vanzuuk1
10-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Need a pair for the vin tag on my astro van, no car theft here but I need to re attach a vin plate..anyone?

XLexusTech
10-14-2012, 06:14 AM
Believe that's illegal in NY.... just got to DMV and local PD and you can get a re-vin... very easy in NY ...

Ron.in.SoCal
10-14-2012, 07:51 AM
flea bay

XLexusTech
10-14-2012, 08:53 AM
OK FYI... you go to flea bay buy those Chinese repo rivets and your going to jail.... Now if you wanted for whatever reason to do this you should buy a post with tag in place..... cut the rivets from behind after opening up the pillar and tack them in......

Now is that legal.... NOPE,, and if your selling a totaled mini van to a family... then do it right.. and let them know what they are buying... a salvage... or simply document it in pictures..

vintageracer
10-14-2012, 02:51 PM
It's not illegal to sell or buy Rosette rivets. What you do with them can change that status.

Call the Trim Tags as they were selling them for $40 for a pair. There are many other sellers in Hemmings and Ebay.

Rosette rivets are very easy to find.

XLexusTech
10-14-2012, 03:45 PM
It's not illegal to sell or buy Rosette rivets. What you do with them can change that status.

Call the Trim Tags as they were selling them for $40 for a pair. There are many other sellers in Hemmings and Ebay.

Rosette rivets are very easy to find.

wrong... its illegal to sell or buy rivets used to adhere vin tags of any kind in NY... period... Trust me...

vintageracer
10-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Hell it's illegal to do EVERYTHING in New York. You can't even buy a 32 ounce fountain drink in the city. Man's gotta have his "Big Gulp"!

Who care's what's illegal in NY when you live in the Cultural Center of the Universe (Tennessee)!