PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Camaro Roller Project

vande596
10-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Hey guys,

I know i don't post here often, but i have come here countless time for great insight. But I have come across a tough crossroad in my life and am going to have to part ways with my project in the near future. It is a 1969 Camaro roller in self etching primer. It has been rotisserie restored. pictures and receipts. all new metal. new floor boards, trunks, roof, quarters, and lots more. GM certified metal. the frame is stock and has been coated with eastwood extreme chassis black. the inside frame rails are coated with por-15. has energy suspension bushings and components, cardone power steering box, and qa1 coilover front shocks. The only "mod to the work is the front spindles are set up for ls1 brakes with brackets. underside has been coated for protection. Everything else on the car is stock. no chopping or dropping or custom panel work. Great "blank canvas" for a pro-touring or custom build. Or even a good resto. Clean/clear title and VIN. What would you say it is worth in this setup/economy? Thanks for any input! -Jared

dhutton
10-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Are those full quarters or skins?

Don

kochevy67
10-08-2012, 05:43 PM
It isonly worth what someone is willing to pay in this economy. Do you have a dollar figure in mind?

Sanchez Garage
10-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Price please?

vande596
10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Are those full quarters or skins?

Don

They are full quarters, the inner and outer quarters were replaced. along with trunk pan, tail panel, weather stripping rails, roof skin, and more.

It is only worth what someone is willing to pay in this economy. Do you have a dollar figure in mind?

Yeah that's the kicker i have realized. :/ not fun for any of us. but we have almost 18k into so far i believe. but as for a dollar figure, i'm guessing it is going to be a lot lower than that.

Price please?

No price yet. That's why placed it under marketplace; so i could get an idea on pricing and not sticker shock anyone.

68sixspeed
10-09-2012, 05:21 PM
in 2010 I sold a 69 camaro roller, all new body panels, good floors, in primer with a stock subframe and suspension that needed rebuilding (no motor/trans) for $7500 after trying to get a bit more for a while, that's all the market would hold at that time. I don't mean to be a "low baller" but based on what I've seen, I'd put it at 8-9k. $15-20k in today's economy is getting driver quality cars with a driveline, interior, a good body, and fair paint.

Also, what is the picture showing behind the RF tire on the lower part of the fender? looks lumpy in the photo?

kochevy67
10-09-2012, 06:05 PM
I hate to say this but even 8 or 9 my be a stretch. This economy sucks.

vande596
10-10-2012, 05:13 AM
Thanks guys for the input. You help means a lot. Tough economy makes selling these a hard pill to swallow :/ Maybe i will just hold on to it for now. Find a place to tuck it away where it is safe and get back to it a year or so.

Also, what is the picture showing behind the RF tire on the lower part of the fender? looks lumpy in the photo?

yeah, the bottom of the fenders were rotted, we were going to patched them to give us make shift fenders, but have new fenders on the way. definitely more time efficient to gowith ne GM metal.

I hate to say this but even 8 or 9 my be a stretch. This economy sucks.

Eh... that's not fun to hear. We have like 18k into it, i was thinking of listing for 14, but hearing 9k is a stretch... yeah i'll just hold out. thanks again guys!

68sixspeed
10-10-2012, 09:44 AM
yeah, I'd have to lower my estimates, based on your description I thought you had all new metal on the car. The one I sold for $7500 had new fenders too. sorry. not a good time for value on projects or even toys.

MrQuick
10-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks guys for the input. You help means a lot. Tough economy makes selling these a hard pill to swallow :/ Maybe i will just hold on to it for now. Find a place to tuck it away where it is safe and get back to it a year or so.

yeah, the bottom of the fenders were rotted, we were going to patched them to give us make shift fenders, but have new fenders on the way. definitely more time efficient to gowith ne GM metal.

Eh... that's not fun to hear. We have like 18k into it, i was thinking of listing for 14, but hearing 9k is a stretch... yeah i'll just hold out. thanks again guys!

For a car that has had all the hard work done and with title, $14 would not be too bad considering.....you had better put a great list together to get it.