PDA

View Full Version : Nova 8.5 rear diff. what is it worth?

lawlorj
10-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm looking at this diff. for an upgrade on my first gen.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-transmission-drive-train-1972-Nova-8-5-mono-leaf-open-rear-end-3-08-gear-ratio-W0QQAdIdZ419050594

Is that a reasonable asking price for it? Doesn't show in the pictures but the seller said that it comes with the axles too. I feel like it is a high asking price compared to the prices I have seen in a couple of car craft articles on re-building these things. But then again it might be a little more rare to come by these in the great white north then in the states. What do you guys think a reasonable offer is? How hard are these to come by these days? Not sure what they are worth at all.

Thanks!

Olav
10-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Last one I sold here in Norway i sold for $150,- Here in Norway they are as rare as "Hens with teeth". but this was only a rebuild core. If the shafts (bearing surface) are ok I think the price is fair.

hotrodneb
10-06-2012, 03:50 AM
I didnt have any trouble finding mone here in the US....gave $200 delivered to my door. Looked about like yours, needing a rebuild.

lawlorj
10-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I was able to get it for 175. I think I did okay, it's pretty much complete and looks to be in good shape.

Thanks again!
Jaime