PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone ID These Trim Pieces?

Mkelcy
09-28-2012, 09:43 AM
I sorted through all of the trim pieces I received with my '67 Camaro project, and these pretty clearly are not '67 Camaro pieces. Any ideas?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/09/img1141xm-1.jpg

diesel25lrs
09-28-2012, 09:53 AM
They dont look like any 1st gen pieces...?

texasdvldog
09-28-2012, 11:06 AM
the top two pieces go in the inside of a 67 kinda by where the weatherstriping for the top of the door goes. Actually the bottom two look like the pieces for the weather strip on top of the door opening. They hold the rubber in. I have the ones for my car..don't remember what the trim code is on the tag. I hear they're hard to come by (the upper two) so hang on to them! I got my car in pieces too...all my trim was in the trunk!

esenior
09-28-2012, 01:35 PM
My $.02....

The top 2 pieces look like the drip rail molding
The next 2 are probably the trim pieces above the doors holding the edge of the head liner
The next 2 look like the door reveal molding from a 68
The next 2 are too difficult to tell from the picture, but the mounts look the same as the ones on the grill. Part of your grill trim perhaps?
The next 2 are the door panel molding (mount to the door and the door panel slips into them).

Hope this helps!

perry mitchell
09-29-2012, 09:36 AM
The top two are trim pieces that go in the interior, above the door and quarter windows. Usually there is only a vinyl piece that goes there. They aren't all that rare but usually are dented or smashed at one end. If you don't use them, I would be interested in purchasing them if they are not buggered up at the A pillar end.

Mkelcy
10-01-2012, 03:42 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/09/img1141xm-1.jpg

Thanks for all the responses. The consensus seems to be:

top two - interior headliner trim for 67 (I'd never heard of such a thing)
two black ones - remain a mystery
next two - 68 upper door ledge moldings
second two from the bottom - '68 bottom exterior door moldings
bottom two - door panel retaining moldings for a '67

I'm sorry, there's no prize for the most correct answers. Thanks again for the help. :smoke:

dipren443
10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
The black ones kinda look like 2nd gen camaro headliner trim. Can you snap some better pics of them? Maybe get a length dimension