PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy panels from

SShep71
09-18-2012, 05:39 AM
The guy I normally go through has dropped off the face of the planet. I need to know where to get full quarters from for the best fit and price. I need them in the SoCal area. The shop is waiting patiently and I want to move this project along.

Amit
09-18-2012, 06:32 AM
get in contact with auto metals direct.

They have the best panels in my opinion

mikes2nd
10-01-2012, 08:19 AM
I use a variety of sources

Classic 2 Current, Ebay... even Rockauto.

AMD sometimes... Most of this stuff is made in Taiwan and your just dealing with "resellers'. I have seen some charge HALF of what the other guy is.

Find out what you need and what is the BEST quality for what you need and hunt for it in those places if you are lucky to have multiple makers.

For example my 70-72 trunk for the GTO. There are litterally 5 different trunks out there. I ordered like all 4 bad ones until I found the best. And I ended up getting it off ebay for half the cost of a website.

For my trunk it was the 3 piece edp coated. I think it was a goodmark(golden whatever) etc made in taiwan. The US made ones were junk and 3 times the cost.

will69camaro
10-01-2012, 09:47 AM
I got all the metal for my 69 from Matt's Classic Bowties. Anything I needed that AMD had, i used them. I have been very happy with the quality of the AMD panels and the service that MCB gave.

William

mikes2nd
10-01-2012, 11:14 AM
I got all the metal for my 69 from Matt's Classic Bowties. Anything I needed that AMD had, i used them. I have been very happy with the quality of the AMD panels and the service that MCB gave.

William

My experience was from a pontiac point of view...

Yeah he isn't bad. He is chevy stuff though. Life is harder with a Pontiac though...

I swear for a chevy theres 10 sites out there. Pontiac your lucky if theres 2 and your going to pay more :(

ProTourGSX
10-01-2012, 11:24 AM
My experience was from a pontiac point of view...

Yeah he isn't bad. He is chevy stuff though. Life is harder with a Pontiac though...

I swear for a chevy theres 10 sites out there. Pontiac your lucky if theres 2 and your going to pay more :(

:nopity: You think Pontiac is tough to find (affordable) parts for? Try owning a '68-'72 BUICK! :hammer:

elitecustombody
10-10-2012, 08:08 PM
OP, send me a PM with your list, I'll get you a quote on AMD stuff.