PDA

View Full Version : A BIG, BIG Thanks

SkinsandJrfan
09-16-2012, 05:49 PM
I would like to give a very BIG thanks to Bill Howell, DSE, JetHot and all of the other sponsors at this years RTTH. This was my first event and I had a blast. I wont be able to make it to next years as I will be in Afghanistan but I will be following all of the events as much as I can on this site. It was pretty awesome to meet everyone and hang out and talk cars. Im pretty happy about winning the Evolution Driving School certificate as well. I look forward to redeeming that. If you have any pictures of my car by change and care to share, that would be awesome. You can post them here or email them to me at [email protected]. I have a silver 68 Camaro with a red hockey stripe. The number was 36. I hav a ton of pics and might have some of your car so let me know and I will look.

Thanks again and it was great meeting you all.
Brian

Z06vet
09-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Brian- I was in your run group,(white 69 camaro #7) so I didnt get to see you run. My buddy took a bunch of pics. He will probably post them up in the next day or 2. He may have gotten some of your car. It was my first event as well. I cant wait to run again. Sure was a learning experience. I wished I had thought to have him video my runs. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Scott

SkinsandJrfan
09-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Mike, sorry man. Didnt see any of your ride although I do remember it. If you want a good camera, get a Gopro Hero2 motorsports edition. I got one for this event and mounted it to the side then the windshield. I got some pretty awesome video. Here is a link to my last run so you can see what its like with this camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UERi119tpY&feature=share

And it would be great to see your friends pics.

GeoffP
09-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Hey it was great to talk to you and glad I could help you out with the GoPro battery. My car was 37 BTW.

pharmd
09-16-2012, 07:06 PM
I would like to give a very BIG thanks to Bill Howell, DSE, JetHot and all of the other sponsors at this years RTTH. This was my first event and I had a blast. I wont be able to make it to next years as I will be in Afghanistan but I will be following all of the events as much as I can on this site. It was pretty awesome to meet everyone and hang out and talk cars. Im pretty happy about winning the Evolution Driving School certificate as well. I look forward to redeeming that. If you have any pictures of my car by change and care to share, that would be awesome. You can post them here or email them to me at [email protected]. I have a silver 68 Camaro with a red hockey stripe. The number was 36. I hav a ton of pics and might have some of your car so let me know and I will look.

Thanks again and it was great meeting you all.
Brian

Absolutely right, thanks to all those who had a hand in putting together and pulling off this event...it was my first one, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Look forward to running in more events next year and improving my driving and car tuning skills and hanging out with all you great Pro-touring folks!

71duster
09-17-2012, 03:48 PM
ditto on the thanks! after not being able to make it last year and frying my trans the year before,it was a real treat to run and hang out with everyone. and by the way,just in case,i was in the lowly mopar!

1981silverz28
09-17-2012, 05:31 PM
A BIG thanks for ALL the hard work and sponsors to make this happen ..My favorite event !!! I just got to learn how to drive ..Maybe my certificate will help me with that .

diesel25lrs
09-17-2012, 05:52 PM
As many of you know i drove my car for the first time on the way to the event... Needless to say- i ended up working bugs out more than i drove it...

I would like to thank Bill for putting up such a great venue & hosting, Kyle & DSE crew for letting me borrow every tool they had- even after he found out i wasn't running his gear, Britt & Brett @ ridetech for the suspension setup help,
Tuck- thanks for helping me turn wrenches, & everyone else that threw one to me while i was buried underneath the car!
It was great meeting everyone & i have to say that this was the best collective group of people i have EVER come across- i can't wait for next year!

lotarust
09-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Had a great weekend with everyone! Thanks to everyone that made this happen. JET HOT, D.S.E.,RIDETECH, thank you guys,(and girls).Bill, Brian, Melinda and Cheryl were busy all weekend for us.On friday Jet Hot fed all of us! I am always in awe of what our vender/sponsors do for us!(they fed us all again saturday night!) thanks to Ryan,Kyle and Billy for the driving instruction on friday.I think Billy's look told me my driving is beyond help! And finally, thank you to the Oil Pressure Gods for leaving the Crankshaft in the Mustang this weekend.(They have not been kind to me lately!)It was great seeing everyone and Icouldn't have asked for more laps. By the time I left I couldn't lift my arms,maybe I'll start looking into a more modern steering system.And to put some icing on my weekend,I got to stop at Kenny Jr's (Lehigh University)and take him out to dinner on the way to RTTH and on the way back to New York.

bugdewde
09-21-2012, 01:23 PM
While I didn't have a car ready and didn't get to run, I do want to thank everyone that sponsored, promoted, worked and hosted the event. I have participated in several autocross events with the SCCA guys and you Pro-Touring guys over the years and I know how hard it is to pull these things off. Bill's events are, by far, the most enjoyable events I've attended. Thank you.

I would definitely participate in the next driver's "school" event..... benefiting from the talents of you guys would defintely be a notch in the belt.
The tour of the Precision shop was amazing (those guys are extremely talented) eventhough I didn't eat. Awesome place! ... thanks for the door prices!!!!
The track set-up was definitely pretty fast compared to other events(GG, SCCA, etc).... which will definitely kill my 150 hp V8 Vega project... but I can't wait to participate with it.
Dining at Bill's and watching "Hollywood Knights" projected on the side of the shop was just too cool. Thanks again!
As always, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!......

SicMonte
09-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Had a great weekend with everyone! Thanks to everyone that made this happen. JET HOT, D.S.E.,RIDETECH, thank you guys,(and girls).Bill, Brian, Melinda and Cheryl were busy all weekend for us.On friday Jet Hot fed all of us! I am always in awe of what our vender/sponsors do for us!(they fed us all again saturday night!) thanks to Ryan,Kyle and Billy for the driving instruction on friday.I think Billy's look told me my driving is beyond help! And finally, thank you to the Oil Pressure Gods for leaving the Crankshaft in the Mustang this weekend.(They have not been kind to me lately!)It was great seeing everyone and Icouldn't have asked for more laps. By the time I left I couldn't lift my arms,maybe I'll start looking into a more modern steering system.And to put some icing on my weekend,I got to stop at Kenny Jr's (Lehigh University)and take him out to dinner on the way to RTTH and on the way back to New York.

I'm glad you made it to the university and dinner with Kenny Jr!!!! I knew that you wanted to make it up there in time!

Congrats on the Ridetech Renegade award too...you earned it!!!

SicMonte
09-21-2012, 04:36 PM
ditto on the thanks! after not being able to make it last year and frying my trans the year before,it was a real treat to run and hang out with everyone. and by the way,just in case,i was in the lowly mopar!

you were in the lowly mopar...AND KILLING IT!! Where did that massive driving skill come from? Great job out there!

diesel25lrs
09-21-2012, 05:46 PM
You looked really good yourself Doug & you made the bigtime- Podcast!! Whoop whoop! You da man!