PDA

View Full Version : Bbc spark plug reccomendations please

newmexicosaint
09-06-2012, 05:55 PM
I have searched the forums and havent found any real help.

I have a FAST EFI 496 with BOWTIE aluminum heads and 9.2 compression and is running on pump gas. I drive this on the street regularly but drive it hard at times and need some feedback on the best spark plug for this application. Thanks for any and all feedback.

newmexicosaint
11-03-2012, 03:05 PM
WOW, no one? Hmmm

Daren
11-08-2012, 12:37 AM
WOW, no one? Hmmm

Does it make a difference; performance I mean? I really don't know.

I understand that the exotic metals found in high end plugs simply afford a longer service interval between changing. Much the same way nitrogen in your tires allows you to go longer between air-ups. You can spin the data any which way you like. In the case of nitrogen, the claim of better fuel mileage stems from the fact that the gas leak out more slowly and allows you to maintain proper tire inflation longer, hence more mileage (in case you didn't know improper tire inflation is a huge source of lost mileage). I gotta believe the same holds true for premium plus. Burns like new longer and maintains proper spark over the service interval assuming the "service interval" is the user's "when they go bad" which is an improper interval. In marketing hype this equates to TOTALLY GETS YOU MO POWA AND M-P-Gs.

If spending a bit more money on plugs gives you warm and fuzzies, then... Bosch I guess?

newmexicosaint
11-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the reply. I actually was looking for personal experiences and part numbers for BB aluminum heads. Not looking to gain a tenth on the strip just a good and readily available at the parts store.