PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ready yet??????

RS_Customs
09-06-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm not, lol still a few little things to take care of this weekend!

I can't wait though! It's time for an event weekend and hanging out with all my car buddies! I'm headed up Thursday after work, see you guys there! One week and counting......

Anyone doing a real thrash to the finish?

Robert

GeoffP
09-06-2012, 05:15 PM
No thrashing for me! I finished up my Vintage Air install Monday. I've just got some basics to do: mount a different seat on the passenger side, a starter shim or two to fix a dragging starter drive, and remount the battery in the trunk better just cause I'm picky. Oh and I have to get a leaky tire fixed on the car. Then next week I have to figure out if I'm going to buy or rent a car trailer. I'll be driving up Friday morning as early as I can leave in order to make "kick off" for the cruise.

tflyboy77
09-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Finishing my alignment tomorrow and I'm still waiting on my adjustable rear sway bar. Im pretty sure it will be installed while the wife is packing bags. P.S. that's not a good way to get brownie points.

firstgencam
09-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Absolutely, we are heading up next wednesday. Looking forward to the trip...

BuzzKillian
09-06-2012, 05:48 PM
No thrash.... but I'm trying to button up a few things... Heading out noonish Thur. Anyone heading down I75 around Dayton about that time??? Maybe we could get together for ... ah... moral support...

diesel25lrs
09-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Lol... You wouldn't believe it if i told ya... Need to make full custom stainless exhaust... Some wiring, gauges, suspension set up, break in motor & rest of car for that matter, install seats & belts & i'll see you guys there!

diesel25lrs
09-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Oh- & i forgot to mention that my front wheels, cpu w/new tune, & driveshaft will all be here tomorrow via FEDEX! ;-)

cheapthrillz
09-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Dang man.... I need to start coming to events....

I had a blast doing ride alongs a few years ago!

musclecarmatt
09-06-2012, 06:11 PM
i'm coming up late friday afternoon after i get off work!..

1981silverz28
09-06-2012, 06:28 PM
I've got to bleed brakes again and chang
e oil and get a new battery and then I'm ready ....

pharmd
09-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Lol... You wouldn't believe it if i told ya... Need to make full custom stainless exhaust... Some wiring, gauges, suspension set up, break in motor & rest of car for that matter, install seats & belts & i'll see you guys there!

Sound like me, car is getting new brakes, PS pump, shocks, springs, sways, seats, gauges, fluids, diff cover/girdle, Wheels/Tires, headlights, radiator, Cage, seats, harnesses and most importantly motor. The motor is being finished up now, with finaly assembly on Saturday (hopefully). Then I have to drive 3 hours pick up motor, drive 3 more hours to deliver to installer). They will install, break in and tune the motor next week (along with wrapping up the rest of all these installs). I just don't know if we are gonna get it wrapped up in time or not. After all this is done, I will have to get an alignment, and try to put some miles on the car, then get that break in oil out of there before Saturdays AutoX.

Buckeye
09-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Mine is still on stands being finished up (brand new build and have never drove it yet) It does run but that's all I know so far LOL

Hey Buzz I am leaving Cbus Thurs morningish if we can make something work I would like to have another car to roll with since the car is untested

SicMonte
09-06-2012, 07:33 PM
my car for once is ready.......I can't believe it!!!

dropit69
09-06-2012, 08:35 PM
mines a 02 vette not much to do jump in and go..ill be there on wed..!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

71duster
09-07-2012, 03:57 AM
my car for once is ready.......I can't believe it!!!

we are ready to go! have a safe trip down doug. see you guys friday!

diesel25lrs
09-07-2012, 12:11 PM

Sound like me, car is getting new brakes, PS pump, shocks, springs, sways, seats, gauges, fluids, diff cover/girdle, Wheels/Tires, headlights, radiator, Cage, seats, harnesses and most importantly motor. The motor is being finished up now, with finaly assembly on Saturday (hopefully). Then I have to drive 3 hours pick up motor, drive 3 more hours to deliver to installer). They will install, break in and tune the motor next week (along with wrapping up the rest of all these installs). I just don't know if we are gonna get it wrapped up in time or not. After all this is done, I will have to get an alignment, and try to put some miles on the car, then get that break in oil out of there before Saturdays AutoX.
Wish i had someone doing it all for me... Lol...i took the week off work to "try & figure it all out"

HectorM52
09-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Fuel cell is in my trunk...but not in the correct vehicle!! Hoping to get it worked on then install it and get back on the road! Will definitely be a thrash since I'm traveling all week.

GeoffP
09-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Good grief Adam! BTW, if we're not in the same run group I would love a ride in your truck Saturday!

SkinsandJrfan
09-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm ready to go. Got my helmet in yesterday. Just need to figure out where to mount an extinguisher. It's my understanding one is needed for the autocross event. Other than that I'm ready to go. Might change my oil as well. About 800 miles on a new motor. I'm driving from Fayetteville, NC and I will be lucky if I get 12 mpg. Lol.

HPT BANDIT
09-07-2012, 07:47 PM
No fire extinguisher needed. A little helpful advice, make sure you have the battery tied down. People seem to over look that.

JEFFTATE
09-07-2012, 08:02 PM
I'll be there Friday Morning to volunteer .
Somebody give me a ride-a-long !

diesel25lrs
09-07-2012, 08:22 PM
My wife has officially moved my bed out into the garage! I warned her it was going to be a long week... Lol...

TonyBolton
09-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Car is still buried under jeep parts....so much so they're oozing out from underneath it as well. The "thrash" will be to make it where I can get it outta the garage.

Slick68
09-08-2012, 04:09 AM

Wow! I thought I was running an untested combo. I just got my truck running with the new engine/trans about a month ago. LOL

I still need to get a helmet, change the pushrods in my engine, change the oil, mount a coolant overflow canister, and fix a leaky trans drain plug. I'll wait til tech inspection on Thursday night to see if the factory battery hold down is good enough or not. I was hoping to find some 3-point belts this weekend to replace my lap belts.

I also got to take the truck to the RideTech booth at Shades of The Past to get it weighed. Last year, with the iron head sbc, it weighed in at 3,737 lbs with a 62/38 f/r weight bias. With the LS1 setup, it's now 3,591lbs with just under a 60/40 f/r bias. That should help things a tad.

tflyboy77
09-08-2012, 05:20 AM
Thanks for being a volunteer jefftate. I'm Sure we can find you a seat to ride in.

71RS/SS396
09-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Wow! I thought I was running an untested combo. I just got my truck running with the new engine/trans about a month ago. LOL

I still need to get a helmet, change the pushrods in my engine, change the oil, mount a coolant overflow canister, and fix a leaky trans drain plug. I'll wait til tech inspection on Thursday night to see if the factory battery hold down is good enough or not. I was hoping to find some 3-point belts this weekend to replace my lap belts.

I also got to take the truck to the RideTech booth at Shades of The Past to get it weighed. Last year, with the iron head sbc, it weighed in at 3,737 lbs with a 62/38 f/r weight bias. With the LS1 setup, it's now 3,591lbs with just under a 60/40 f/r bias. That should help things a tad.

I'll be doing tech Thurs. ( at least for the driving school ), the factory hold down is ok as long as I can't grab the battery and yank it out. I've used ratchet straps in a pinch though to tie the battery down.

71RS/SS396
09-08-2012, 05:29 AM

Jeff, if you're crazy enough to get in the car with me I'll take you for a spin.

tflyboy77
09-09-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm down to cleaning and installing the sway bar when it arrives. Now that's a good feeling!

protouring70
09-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Wow....

diesel25lrs
09-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Driveshaft in, gauges wired up, lights working,full custom SS exhaust almost done! Setting up suspension & test drive tomorrow for first time in 17 months! Wish me luck...i'm gonna make it there!

71RS/SS396
09-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Well I thought I was ready but my wifes car decided it wanted to quit running today, looks like maybe the fuel pump. I see some late nights in my future :crying::hammer::banghead:

71duster
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM

you can ride with me anytime jeff! if you want to ride in an old mopar!!

diesel25lrs
09-11-2012, 04:41 PM
So as i've been thrashing away for a week straight now... Today was front end alignment- as we started caster/camber adjustment on the turn plates & started turning the wheels, we got this god awful catch in the wheel followed by some clunks...
Crawl back under the car to figure out where it is coming from... Steering arm u joints catching maybe? Naw, it couldn't be that simple...

So it's coming from under the boot on the rack & pinion... Cut the ziptie on the boot & bam- tons of fluid comes gushing out leaving a 2'x2' puddle.. Closer inspection while turning shows that my brand new Unisteer is jumping/skipping over the teeth... WTF....FRIED
Jumped on the phone to Summitt racing just in time to catch the deadline for overniter!!! $923 later & i will have a new R&P! Refunded later of course when i send this one back next week- but for now- back to work!
Only little items to tidy up for now while i wait on UPS tomorrow!
This has truly been a thrashing & i hope to make it!

SicMonte
09-11-2012, 05:28 PM
wow...now that's a thrash!

I'm just deciding on weather or not to polish my wheel lips.

tflyboy77
09-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Wow. I feel very lucky about the lack of work I have to do. Still need to double and triple check everything though. Good luck to all!

71RS/SS396
09-11-2012, 05:49 PM
So as i've been thrashing away for a week straight now... Today was front end alignment- as we started caster/camber adjustment on the turn plates & started turning the wheels, we got this god awful catch in the wheel followed by some clunks...
Crawl back under the car to figure out where it is coming from... Steering arm u joints catching maybe? Naw, it couldn't be that simple...

So it's coming from under the boot on the rack & pinion... Cut the ziptie on the boot & bam- tons of fluid comes gushing out leaving a 2'x2' puddle.. Closer inspection while turning shows that my brand new Unisteer is jumping/skipping over the teeth... WTF....FRIED
Jumped on the phone to Summitt racing just in time to catch the deadline for overniter!!! $923 later & i will have a new R&P! Refunded later of course when i send this one back next week- but for now- back to work!
Only little items to tidy up for now while i wait on UPS tomorrow!
This has truly been a thrashing & i hope to make it!

Ugh! I feel your pain I got the wifes car back up and running today ( Fried pcm ) only to look under the car to a puddle of power steering fluid. Turns out the way the previous owner plumbed the lines to the pump caused a rub on the rack hard lines which put a hole in the hard line. The only good news is thanks to the great folks at DSE it should all be fixed by tomorrow.

SkinsandJrfan
09-11-2012, 05:58 PM
How's this for a thrash? I'm thinking of changing my oil tomorrow. Ha ha. Josh, I'm glad I don't have your issues. I think I'm all ready to go. I can't wait.

diesel25lrs
09-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Hahahah.... Really funny... It's 1240 AM & im still going strong! Btw- i will be changing my oil & all fluids thursday morning after i put a few hundred miles on it tomrw nite!!! Just got a case of Red Bulls!

cubicylndr16
09-12-2012, 08:30 AM
I lost a roller lifter last saturday in my 73' Camaro. Freshened up the motor and had it back in Friday night. Spun a bearing Monday during break in (long story) and ruined the crank. My new rotating assembly is getting balanced as we speak. I need a Red Bull sponsor!

Leaving NY at 7am tomorrow with my 73' and our 12' ZL-1

SRD art
09-12-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm coming up. I really want to come and watch so I can be better prepared for next year. I'm fairly new to auto cross so I if anyone's willing I'd love to ride along to pick up some pointers!

I'll be bringing my 14 yr old son, Roman. If he's not too young I know my son would like a ride along too, I know that'd just make his day. He's been getting more into cars since I was putting Pumkinator together at home, and he's way anxious to get rolling on his Nova which will have a few suspension upgrades too.

I'll be happy to help with cone watching if needed, but I can only do it part-time so I can hang out with Roman too.

Woohoo!

SicMonte
09-12-2012, 11:10 AM
you know where to fine me buddy!

Z06vet
09-12-2012, 05:19 PM
I thought I was all ready, just needed to change the oil. Found this(the 3 small pieces, just used the keeper for reference) stuck to the magnet on drain plug. We flushed it with oil, no more came out. Pulled valve covers & rockers. All looks good. Car is running great. I considered trailering it to NC where we are staying. I ran the car pretty hard the last 2 days around town. Put about 20 miles on it & its running perfect. As foolish as this sounds, I think I'm just going to wing it. My buddy has AAA. I hope it doesnt come to that. We have been messing around with the tune a few times, and have done MANY pulls to redline in past few months. Its been about 6 months since I changed the oil. I dont know how long its been in there. I tried to compare the pieces to various LS1 spare motor parts I have laying around. These pieces just look to small & thin to come from a lifter, retainer, keeper, etc. We leave tomorrow for NC. Hope to see you guys there...

diesel25lrs
09-13-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm soooo ready!!! After a long week of constant 18 hr days on the car & various
Mishaps- i will be meeting up with Tuck to head that way ;-)