PDA

View Full Version : Electric Power Steering

Twentyover
09-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Anyone have any experience with
http://americanpowertrain.com/i-8580036-ez-electric-power-steering-for-street-rod-and-customs.html ?

There's been some chatter on another forum I inhabit (for front heavy English Sports Cars) that are touting this as the best thing since canned beer (even though we all know real beer's better from a tap.) There's a place in the Netherlands I think that builds the unit my other forum family uses, American Powertrain may be marketing that unit or have their own.

So, anyone know anything?

Twentyover
09-10-2012, 03:11 AM
No Takers? Not even from the manufacturer, a sponsor on this board?

CTSV
09-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I would like to drive one to see, i hated the electric steering on my BMW M5 and M3 however those systems were not adjustable. I like the adjustability feature of this unit you posted and the fact there is no modifications needed to use it really, thats a huge plus

I know Flaming river has a similar system and its more expensive and there are a few other companies doing this but not many are truly marketing the technology. All new GM and Fords are going this route.

PureVision built that 69 Mustang for Anvil Auto and that car had an electric steering system but i do not recall the manufacture.

Twentyover
09-16-2012, 08:24 AM
What did you dislike with the eletric power steering on the BMW's?

CTSV
09-16-2012, 02:20 PM
What did you dislike with the eletric power steering on the BMW's?

Felt fake and very easy to hit curbs as little input turned wheels more than normal. It sucked