PDA

View Full Version : What carb should I use? Shaker455??

xxllmm4
09-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Hey Everyone,

First a little background info. I'm 38 and last month had a massive heart attack. It also turns out I have a weird genetic defect where I have 3 ventricular arteries, only one really works and it got blocked. They did the full on chest compression and put a stint in to clear the blockage. Only 17% of people survive this kind of heart attack... Luck me :)

The only reason I bring this up is because I'm seriously motivated to get my truck done. My wife and I are having our marriage vows renewed on the 15th and come hell or high water it will be running.

Does Shaker455 have a website or contact info? I am wanting a pre-tuned carb as close as possible since I have very little experience working on carbs. Here is the build below.

58 Chevy PU
Chevy 383 with a manual shift 350
Vortec Heads
Edelbrock air gap rpm intake
xe 247h cam with 1.6 roller rockers
1-3/4 equal length fender-well headers
3.08 gears, soon to be 3.90
Nitto Drag radials
Cal-trac traction bars

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jordon

rsk68
09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Jordan glad your ok, Did the angiogram thing one time, it wasn't fun!

I have in the for sale section a quick fuel carb, basically a Holley,it's a 750 Double pumper with mechanical secondary's and electric choke, this was on my 396BB and it worked great, carb has maybe 500 miles on it! New was $500 plus, asking $300 shipped.

Take care of yourself,

carguykeith
09-03-2012, 02:20 PM
I finally threw in the towel on tuning mine myself and sent him a PM here and Jeff responded the next morning. His email is:

[email protected]

Shaker455
09-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Hi Jordon,
I got your PM and sent you email.
Jeff