PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Dantigan
09-01-2012, 06:18 AM
Hey guys (and gals), my name is Daniel. I have posted a few threads already and I figured I should say hello and introduce myself. I am 30 years old and have been turning wrenches on cars since before I could drive. My dad and I picked out my 1969 Firebird when I was 15. I have made a lot of changes to it over time. When I first built it I was young and in a hurry to get it on the road so I did not take the time to give it the attention to detail that these cars truly deserve. Over the years I rebuilt the original Pontiac 350 twice, and built a full roller Pontiac 467 stroker for it. 467 is still running strong. A Keisler TKO600 kit went in with the 467 and the old 3 speed auto was discarded. Suspension is still running stock and is by far the cars weak link. In my haste to get it running so many years ago I had a quick body and paint job done which looked amazing at the time. What was unknown was the surprises underneath. After 15 years, the paint started to crack. The owner prior to me apparently took the bondo over rust route. So I decided it was time to finally make the road warrior into what I have always wanted it to be. My car will be stripped down and rebuilt from the ground up with all new suspension. A new LS motor will go in to give me amazing power and mpg I can live with (the 467 gets about 7-8 mpg). All new undercarriage and some custom body work to make my car truly one of a kind. I have never cared much for being all about matching the numbers and making an era correct restoration. I plan to build my car into a modern muscle car with an old body. Build thread to come soon.

Car still looks good in pictures, aside from the jacked up front end (no clue why still stock springs).

romansroad828
09-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Hello and nice Firebird! I will be watching for your build, good luck!