PDA

View Full Version : Roll or Cut Fenders/Quarters - what have you done?

heynow14
08-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Hey guys -

I've got my new VWW 17x9.5s installed on rear with 275s. Not surprisingly, it's far too tight, so I need to roll lips on four corners. I'm looking at renting the Eastwood fender roller tool versus baseball bat, etc. Or getting somebody out to do it. What else have you done to do a nice job of rolling knowing you want to save nice paint? I need to pick up a good bit lot of room so perhaps I'm cutting AND rolling.

Anybody recommended in SoCal area I can trust who does early iron and not just ricer imports?

Thoughts?

blakes72x
09-03-2012, 11:25 PM
what type of car do you have? i know the eastwood roller won't work a few makes and models without modifying it to work 3rd gen novas for example so do your research on it before shelling out the cash for the rental

i just used a cut off wheel on my outer lips leaving enough material so they don't lose shape or get deformed and a BFH on the inners

where in socal are you located?

i know a guy that mostly does imports but his work is top notch (been featured in quite a few magazines) and his rates are pretty fair as he usually comes to you check out www.fendarolla.com

heynow14
09-04-2012, 12:47 PM
I've got a '69 Camaro. I've heard good and bad things about the Eastwood roller...evidently the main threaded rod strips and then it's junk. I've heard of the fendarolla guy but I'm nervous of someone with little to zero classic car experience...very different metal and construction vs new imports. I'm starting to lean toward cutting them myself...I just want it to be done right and not have to worry... Thx for your reply!

SkinsandJrfan
09-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I laid out a line with tape and cut mine a bit. I have 275s on the rear and they tuck perfect.

ROBS6T8
09-11-2012, 06:43 AM
I bought a cheaper roller from Amazon and it worked on the passenger side. Not so well on the driver side? Who knows? The driver side does sit about 3/4 of inch lower. I think I will be going back and cutting mine. Of course my issue is on the inside with the 10" wheels!