PDA

View Full Version : Yay or nay what's your ideas

Duramaxpower09
08-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Ok I am building a 67 camaro showcar and I am debating on something I am running front and rear buckets with a full sweep console with the port from 2 12s coming into the cab between them but the console is also going to hold my navigation radio 4 Dakota digital gauges my Airride controls and my air conditioning controls what I am debating on doing is where the factory original radio is at whoever had the car before me cut it up trying to make a new style radio fit in its place. Should I fill the spot in and use that section to hold the Airride and ac controls or mold a new iPad into the dash and tie it into the radio setup what's yalls opinion on this

PT Sportwagon
08-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Since you are using a Nav radio I would assume it is a double din size. Then I would use the factory radio location for A/C control. Would help keep the console clean.

Tim

DD68SS
06-19-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm currently installing ipad mini in 68.. Search my post in project updates

scott_fx
09-04-2013, 11:48 PM
i wouldn't mount an ipad. if it's anything like my iphone, the display washes out the second sun sees it. if you want tech i'd look into a car computer with a pixel qi or transflective screen.

CKreations
01-13-2014, 11:15 PM
The ipad install wouldn't be able to keep the factory Instrument panel shape and there would be no way to make that look good, so if you could incorporate the air ride controls into the OEM IP style, that will look A LOT better

scott_fx
01-14-2014, 09:59 AM
if you go the car-pc route you can use a 7" screen and make that control your air ride system and potentially control your ac system as well. you'd have the nav/media player all in one and you wouldn't be tied down to the ever changing ipad business model where it would be out of date in 2 years

makoshark
01-17-2014, 01:15 AM
Be careful when making permanent modifications to your dash/car to fit specific electronic equipment. Electronics change as fast as 16 year old girl changes what 'boy' she wants to go out with:)