PDA

View Full Version : 68 Camaro

tkong14
08-19-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm going to start building a 68 camaro I'm curious of what suspension(s) i should be looking at. I've looked at hotchkis and ride tech, both TVS packages are different and it appears that hotchkis offers much more. I like different features of both packages. Any other suspensions i should be thinking about? Thanks for looking and have a nice day!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/08/f4obgh-1.png

BuzzKillian
08-19-2012, 12:33 PM
There a so many options, I would suggest you get the book "How to make your Musclecar Handle" http://www.amazon.com/Make-Your-Muscle-Handle-Performance/dp/1934709077/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345408224&sr=1-1&keywords=how+to+make+your+muscle+car+handle once you have armed yourself with information, the decsion of where you want to spend the money is easier.

tkong14
08-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks ill be sure to look into this!

Hotchkis
08-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Check out this article (http://bit.ly/RuvQRJ) that Summit just posted on their blog that is all about upgrading the suspension of your classic muscle car. It goes into how to accomplish the build while working on a budget and what pieces to install and in what order they should be installed to get the most bang for your buck in modifications. I would also suggest to make sure that all of the products you choose work with each other. There have been a few instances where people have tried to mix-n-match and found that some of the products on the market aren't compatible with others and that even if they fit, the result is not what was expected. The pieces of most of the TVS systems on the market are designed to work best with the other parts from that particular brand. So if you stay with one brand you are more likely to get a car that handles like you want it to.

BMR Sales
09-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Tyler,

Welcome to the site and I love the car you are starting with..... it will make for some great "before & after" shots!

I usually ask a few questions before I make any suggestions to determine the best possible bang for the buck.

I think many guys spend more than they need or will use. I pride myself in asking as many questions as possible before making a decision on what is best for the customers hard earned money.

First question is what do you have for goals for the car once it is done? Is it going to be a factory restoration, daily driver/weekend cruiser, weekend warrior/drag car, Pro-Touring/handling machine, etc.

Second question is do you need and/or plan to improve the braking & steering systems to compliment any suspension upgrades?

Third question is do you have a specific budget in mind?

Lastly, do you plan to do the work yourself?

Vicinity
09-06-2012, 09:07 AM
My regular recommendation for Camaro owners...

If you want simple and lower cost -- Hotchkis Spings and Leafs, with their Bilistein shocks, Hotchkis Swaybar (or the TVS, it's got everything), and anyone's (Speedtech, probably is easiest) UCA's with a Gmod. Get a 3rd gen steering box.

If you want to spend a little, get the full Ridetech coilover package with Tru Turn. It'll make you're car awesomer and woman swoon (patented trademark).