PDA

View Full Version : New to the site, 68 Camaro

tkong14
08-19-2012, 09:20 AM
I have a 68 Camaro project, any tips and info is much appreciated

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/08/f4obgh-1.png

Fras
08-19-2012, 09:51 AM
What direction do you plan to go with it? LS conversion? Classic?

68lovebuzz
08-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the addiction! This site is invaluable for its members' expertise. I don't want to rain on the parade, but with a car such as you have pictured take an honest look at how much metal work you can do yourself. With almost every exterior panel and most likely interior rot as well needing attention or replacement this will get expensive very quickly (easy 20K). Be honest with what your capabilities are and if you suspect you will have to pay for everything to be done it might not be worth your time to start with this car. It can take years with someone on any kind of budget. Ive learned sometimes its best to start with a car more complete because life is short. I wish you the best with whatever route you take. Welcome aboard.

CruizinKev
08-19-2012, 01:43 PM
welcome aboard!!

tkong14
08-19-2012, 02:05 PM
It honestly is worse then it looks, the interior is mostly there. Also I know it will take years but I'm 18. I've got plenty of time and i couldn't imagine letting it go to someone who may not give her another shot at life. And I'm thinking classic, I've got a 4 bolt 350 with a few components. I'm in no hurry and it will be done right. Thanks for making me feel welcome and ill be sure to start a project thread when i start!