PDA

View Full Version : waiting game

bobcat68
08-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Just felt the need to put this out there. Just some of the things for my car that I have had to wait for.
Left out company names dont want this to sound like a bash fest. But wondering how many others are having this issue? Just to set a starting point the average time I was told for shipping was two to three weeks to get the parts.
Trans- eleven months, Brakes three months, headers (defective) six months to get swap for a good set,
Wheels eight weeks and counting (starting to worry about these) suspension front and back six weeks.
Common thread with all of them it's never there fault. It was the vendors they buy from. Only one company kept me updated on the progress of the parts, that was the suspension. Them I will buy from again. All but the headers were direct from the manufacture's no middle man.
So this falls right in the laps of the vendors. Is this the state of our hobby give us your money and we will get your parts to you some time? I wonder how they would feel if they had to wait a few months to get paid? Just send us the parts we'll install them enjoy for awhile and then when we get the time and some other stuff done we'll send you the money or better yet send part of it, like we get our parts sometimes piece at a time.

Just wondering and tired of waiting.

Fras
08-18-2012, 08:15 AM
It take the fun out of building a car bro. I have been happy with Matts Classic Bowties and Summit. Had LOTS of bad luck with the drop shipping route (except with MCB)

srh3trinity
08-18-2012, 10:18 AM
I think it is a function of the the economy and the fact that nobody wants to have shelves full of parts that they already paid for. Takes up space and they have to spend money on the front end for an item that may never sell. It has been getting pretty ridiculous though. So far, i have bought a lot of second hand parts, but I am getting to the stage where all of the items I have left to buy are going to be new so I am preparing myself.