PDA

View Full Version : About to pull the trigger on 9 inch floater... yes no?

mikes2nd
08-15-2012, 08:09 AM
So aside from the brake issues...

Any reason not to go with a "circle track" version of the 9 inch floater from Moser for street/strip/track?

http://www.moserengineering.com/moser-9-full-floater-8.html

vs say a "normal" ford 9 inch floater from Shcreiner or Quick performance?

I am leaning toward Moser because of the "variable" hub bolt pattern.

4.5 and 4.75 bolt pattern and 31 spline count lifetime warranty on axles.

The GMR
08-15-2012, 09:18 AM
I would suggest GMR, but I'm bias... :look:

Of the setups you mentioned I would suggest the Moser, My opinion is that the quality is better then SCH, or QP. I have quite a bit of experience with SCH and was never too impressed with it overall, but then again it is very inexpensive so you have to take the good with the bad so to say.

If you have any questions with our products please let me know
thanks
Jason

TheJDMan
08-21-2012, 04:47 PM
The GMR 9" floater is arguably the best floater on the market. If your budget will allow it the GMR is the way to go. On the other hand, the Moser 9" floater is only $849 last time I checked. I purchased my Moser 9" floater just a couple of months before the GMR floater was released for sale. I now have nearly 3000 miles on my Moser with not one single problem. I had to fabricate my caliper mounts but the GMR now sells these brackets which will make your installation much easier than mine was. Here is a picture of my Moser 9" floater installed complete with C6 Z06 brakes and 13" rotors. I would say a big YES!