PDA

View Full Version : installing seals and window fuzzies before paint.

rohrt
08-09-2012, 09:05 AM
My 64 tempest has just a crap paint job but its a driver. It needs seals and window felt as the ones it have are either non existant or complete trash.

I usally would paint a car and do these things in order, but a new kid makes things very tight on the budget and new paint is a long time down the road. The seals and window fuzzies are needed bad so If I put them on now can they be taken off with out much damage and reused?

It was over 10 years ago that I removed the felt strips on my bird and I don't recall how they faired coming out but do remember they were not easy to remove. I also put on new seals on my bird and use the weather strip adhesive to keep them in place. They have thoes crappy white clips that are not worth a crap so I was thinking I could just put some small dabs of sealant on the weather stripping for the 64 for easier removal latter on.

Looking for thoughts on this one.

MuscleRodz
08-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Felts you will be able to reuse. Certain seals that need glued in place may not fair very well when removed, but very inexpensive to replace later it terms of what a paint job is gonna cost, even a cheap one.