PDA

View Full Version : wilwood squeal

camaro427-69
08-05-2012, 02:32 PM
now my forged dynalites started to squeal after a couple 100mls. they are quiet when cold but after getting warm they squeal at slow stops in city traffic. if i haul ass and and break there´s no problem just going slow stops. there´s shimming plates on summitracing with a anti squeak pad on the back. are they any good?
summit part.nr. is http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIL-300-8259/ . any other suggestions? i already checked the shimming and the pads are straight and even against the rotor.

thanks,
pat

66larkgs
08-05-2012, 03:00 PM
friction is noise, have you tried a little brake grease on points where the pads contact the pins and the calipers. at the dealer we always put a dab between the pads and the shims and we find the one's with fixed calipers we always have to lube up those pins..
hope it helps..

what is the material of the pads?

camaro427-69
08-05-2012, 09:19 PM
nope, no grease. thought about copper paste. it´s the BP-10 pad.

dontlifttoshift
08-06-2012, 03:48 AM
Remove pads, scuff pads with 80 grit, clean rotors. Apply anti squeal spray to pad backing plate, reassemble and rebed the pads in.

66larkgs
08-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Remove pads, scuff pads with 80 grit, clean rotors. Apply anti squeal spray to pad backing plate, reassemble and rebed the pads in.

do what he just said and you will golden.. couldnt tell you how many times at the lexus dealer i worked at we did this. pad shift in the fitkit assemble was a constant issue.. not a sqeak but a click

camaro427-69
08-09-2012, 10:44 PM
ok will do guys. summit package is coming today, need to ask tobin for some spare cotterpins next time cause one broke and there´s no chance to get those all over europe hehehehe. if nothing works out i ordered some anti squeal shims too. but tobin said the same like you guys, a bit of anti squeal paste, scuff and rebed would do the job.

thanks to all
pat

Apogee
08-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Pat, just say the word and we'll throw in as many spare cotter pins as you like, although I'm a little suprised you're having trouble finding them in Europe. I'm not sure if they're any more readily available, however a 3mm cotter pin diameter should substitute for the 1/8" diameter pins supplied with the Wilwood calipers.

Let us know how the scuff/squeal/rebed goes for you.

Tobin
KORE3

Vegas69
08-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Performance brakes squeal.

camaro427-69
08-11-2012, 03:08 PM
i know tobin that you would have done that. maybe on the next brake order :) but summit did for now. i checked every supply for tools and the web but there´s just 3mm available in maximum 6cm length but need at least 7.5 or better 8cm lenght and the cotterpins in that length were all 5mm diameter up. we checked all the books at a major tech supply warehouse and found nothing. but packages take 3-5 days now from the us so sometimes i get stuff faster from the states than ordering from germany.