PDA

View Full Version : 70 mustang Fiberglass hood - who makes the best one?

Zachalanche
08-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Need to buy a hood soon for my 70 mustang. So, to you 69 / 70 muastang owneres, just curious what you've bought and if you're happy with it. any advice is much appreciated.
thanks.

69stang
08-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Haven't bought one yet but plan on a fiberglass stock style which I plan to modify with a air plenum on the underside. I don't care much for cowl induction style hoods that do away with the center contours cause I think that's part of character of the 69 & 70 stangs with the Shelbys being the exception. A lot of people like the Maier Racing hood with the cougar eliminator scoop, kind of a shorter boss 9 style.

Zachalanche
08-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Haven't bought one yet but plan on a fiberglass stock style which I plan to modify with a air plenum on the underside. I don't care much for cowl induction style hoods that do away with the center contours cause I think that's part of character of the 69 & 70 stangs with the Shelbys being the exception. A lot of people like the Maier Racing hood with the cougar eliminator scoop, kind of a shorter boss 9 style.

I agree on keeping the beak that the stock hood has. I plan to add some sizeable heat extractor s to the stock style hood, so I don't want any scoops cowls etc.

Zachalanche
08-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Looks like Crites Restoration, US body, and Maier racing all make a stock style hood. any opinoins on quality differences between these three companies?

LazyMod
08-20-2012, 10:03 AM
I bought a teardrop hood for my 67, from crites. Doesn't line up very well, I can't recommend them.