PDA

View Full Version : LS Coil Relocation Bracket -- Truck Coils 12558693

sjaroslo
08-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know of some alternatives for LS coil relocation brackets for truck coils 12558693? These are not the ones with the heat sink, but they are what GM includes in the LSX454/LS7 crate engine coil kit.... I'm aware of the CBM model 11016 on eBay, which looks pretty good (would be curious if anyone is using them and what your opinion of them is), but I just want to make sure I've identified as many of the alternative manufacturers as I can. There don't appear to be many choices for the coils that use this configuration. Thanks in advance.

josht
08-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I believe that 12558693 are the square coils D581 the same as 12570616 D513A; the other coils D585 & D514A are round. I am not sure if all truck coils are square or w/o the heat sink but on the 2005 LQ4/LQ9 & 2007 L92 they are.

The CBM model 11016 might be the cheapest option, unless you need the extras from nastyperformance. I am in the same situation and have not come up anything else yet, besides making brackets or obtaining car coils.

you can look at: http://www.nastyperformance.com/shop/ls1-f-body-coil-relocation-kit/
The drop down selection has truck coils which are square, I would send him an email to make sure they fit.

The Proform coils DO NOT work, according to the manufacture, but the design is very simple and does not relocate them to the back of heads.

sjaroslo
08-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks, Josh. The choices shown on their site don't appear to be compatible with the units I have. Anything that shows a rod passing through the mounting bracket isn't going to work, as that rod would run right in front of the coil wire output connection on these coils. So I think that the CBM stuff is the only stuff out there at the moment.... Thanks again, appreciate the reply.

sjaroslo
08-21-2012, 08:24 AM
I went with the CBM pieces. Although pretty pricy (but I guess when you are the only ones making something, you charge what the market will bear), they are nice pieces and the fit and finish is excellent.

MrQuick
08-21-2012, 08:55 PM
those are nice steve, where are you mounting them?

sjaroslo
08-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Well, that's really the next challenge! Actually, I have identified quite a few potential locations, but I have an Art Morrison front clip so that helps a lot. I think that I'm going to run my fuel and brake lines first and then let the remaining space dictate where the coil packs go. There is a front crossmember which is a candidate, but I think that the wires going to the plugs will look stupid, but there are various spots along the framerails, both towards the front and the back of the engine compartment, as well as to the inside or the outside of the frame, that I think could work. I'll update my build thread as I make any progress.

MrQuick
08-28-2012, 08:15 PM
sounds like a plan, just keep it in mind while you route everything.