PDA

View Full Version : Please help, having trouble bleeding brakes and don't know why.

68firebird
08-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Please help me! cause I'm getting very aggravated! I bench bled the master cylinder, bent new lines to the prop valve, and hooked it all up. now I'm onto bleeding the brakes. I'm starting at the passenger rear. I borrowed a buddies nice mac tools one man bleeder, the kind you hook a air compressor to. I CAN NOT get a good amount of fluid to come out. its basically a very small amount of fluid with a **** ton of air bubbles, then I get nothing, this thing should be draining my master cylinder, and its not. WTF could be the problem.

Hydratech®
08-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Here is our tech article that will get you straightened out - while hydroboost related, the same procedures also apply to manual and vac assist brake systems:

http://hydratechbraking.com/braketech1.html

Here is another link:

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?75323-major-brake-issues-PLEASE-HELP-!!!!&p=751005&highlight=#post751005

:cheers:

Buryingthesun
08-01-2012, 04:13 PM
If you need a buddy to help you the old fashioned way lmk, I will take a trip up this weekend and help you out.

68firebird
08-02-2012, 06:24 AM
If you need a buddy to help you the old fashioned way lmk, I will take a trip up this weekend and help you out.

thanks man, I appreciate the offer. I'm gonna try and get a buddy over tonight and see if we can figure this out. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm thinking I just have to bleed my master cylinder again, it sucked alot of air back in when I first started bleeding the brakes, and after I re-bent a new line I never bled the MC again. I'm hoping thats my problem.

birdsandbowties
08-02-2012, 02:25 PM
try this, its the ole fashion way :) been working for me for many years, close all bleeders and start at pass rear (disc or drum)after bench bldeeding the mc, have your buddy open the bleeder , you push the pedal down and hold, tighten bleeder, do this about 4 times and you will have filled the caliper with fluid, once fluid comes out stop and go to the other side, and repeat through all calipers till fluid comes out, then go back and start at the pass rear and get air out, should take 2-3 bleeds per caliper to get air out, Jim

MCB Matt
08-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Unless you have the new style prop valve and its "popped" which you can check with a test light or ohm meter. You want an open signal from the center pin on the prop to ground.

Matt