PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Muscle Car Challenge

Bob Bertelsen
07-31-2012, 06:23 AM
Check out results, pictures and video at orangeconeracing.com

The ohio Muscle Car Challenge is August 24 -26th. It is 3 days of nothing but autocross. The courses range from about 60 seconds up to 2 minutes and are a mile or more long. The cost is $120 for all 3 days. On Friday there will be instruction on autocross along with a small course for those who just want to test & tune their cars. Saturday we will run 2 different courses and one on Sunday. Please check out our website to see details, videos, and registration. http://orangeconeracing.com/eventscoming.php?eventid=3 It promises to be a great event. If you have any questions, I can be reached at [email protected]

Event is open to all years of American Made Muscle Cars.

We also have a special rate at the local Marriott, but you have to reserve your rooms by August 9th to get the $89/night rate. There is a link on our site.

Spectators are welcome at no charge.

Hope to see you there!

Bob B

wiedemab
07-31-2012, 07:28 AM
I'd love to be able to make it. I'm still a maybe, but work travel has been keeping me really busy - - I also need to get my car back together!

It sounds like an awesome event.

scottymonte
07-31-2012, 07:42 AM
Hello,
my car is not finished but are spectators allowed? I would like to take my nephew.

Thanks,

Scott

Bob Bertelsen
07-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Spectators are more than welcome. Ride alongs will also be available as long as you sign a waiver and are 16 or older.

tommycomfort
07-31-2012, 11:04 AM
You know we're coming with both the 66 and wagon. Really looking forward to it!

Ron S
08-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Great event Bob, really glad I made it. I can't remember ever getting that much seat time. I was actually tired of driving, and I think the cars tongue was hanging out on Friday. Hope you do it again next year. Ron

BuzzKillian
08-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Great event Bob, really glad I made it. I can't remember ever getting that much seat time. I was actually tired of driving, and I think the cars tongue was hanging out on Friday. Hope you do it again next year. Ron

I hope you do too. I was really disapointed things didn't work out that I could make it. It sounded like a Great Time!

Bob Bertelsen
08-29-2012, 05:17 PM
The Ohio Muscle Car Challenge was a huge success. Those attending got about 60 runs on 4 different courses. Sunday we ran a more technical course that took about 80 seconds. If you would like to see the results, pictures or videos of the event go to orangeconeracing.com, click on Event Results, then Ohio Muscle Car Challenge.
Hope to see you there next year!

wiedemab
08-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Very cool! I wish I would have been there. Hopefully next year my work schedule won't be so crazy.

BuddyP
09-04-2012, 12:36 PM
I am so frusterated I didn't see this until now. Would've only been a spectator but the in-laws live in Aurora, OH, could've stopped by all 3 days. Looks like this ran at the old Geauga Lake parking lot?

Takid455
09-05-2012, 08:18 AM
dang missed this and I was Cleveland area Thursday night and headed to Dayton Friday. Could have def stopped by. too!! maybe next year.

Bob Bertelsen
01-18-2013, 05:49 AM
The 2013 Ohio Musclecar Challenge is August 23-25th. I have added another event this year, Great Lakes Muscle Car Challenge May 3 - 5th. Details & registration can be found at orangeconeracing.com
Hope to see you their!
Bob Bertelsen

Bob Bertelsen
05-02-2013, 05:58 PM
The Ohio Musclecar Challenge has been moved to Pittsburgh International Race Complex. We will run the 1.6 Mile North Road Race Track on Saturday and Autocross on Sunday. The dates are August 24th & 25th. Details can be found at orangeconeracing.com. Limited to 60 cars.