PDA

View Full Version : Best ONE place to buy restoration parts

JamesJ
07-25-2005, 12:13 PM
What is the consensus here? I know that Year One will give you a discount for purchasing parts in bulk but what about any others? I don’t just car about price, but overall package. Quality, customer service, price, delivery time, …

68BNUT
07-25-2005, 12:26 PM
I dont know if youve heard about firewheelclassics.com but they have alot of stuff competitivly (sp) priced and there located here in the metroplex. Ive always had good luck with them.

MuscleRodz
07-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Doesn't exist, yet. Nobody carries everything.

Mike

Happyfunballs
07-26-2005, 04:26 AM
If it's a Camaro, Rick's First Gen hasn't disappointed me yet.

toofun
07-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Gotta lova a company that only does FIRST GEN CAMARO STUFF. MY VOTE IS FOR RICKS FIRST GEN. Havent disappointed me yet either!!

Mark
TOOFUN

Bill Howell
08-05-2005, 07:32 PM
As previously stated, Ricks is the best I found when I restored the 69 four years ago. Decent prices with discounts and free shipping for volume orders. Great service, both before and after the sale.

nancejd
08-05-2005, 07:35 PM
I'll chime in here and say that I've always had great service from Ricks, and everything I've ever bought from them was top quality.

joehammbone
10-21-2005, 10:05 PM
FIREWHEELCLASSICS.COM I have purchased everything from them. I just bought everything for the new floor and trunk area of my camaro and they had everything in stock. I have dealt with them for a few years now and will not go anywhere else. I have three restoration parts stores closer to me in southern oklahoma but i will not go anywhere else. The bottom line, they are great people with the same passion about cars that I have. I highly reccomend!!!! :1st:

joehammbone
10-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Oh yea... they have bulk discounts that I don't think anyone else can beat..including shipping!!!!!!!

derekf
10-22-2005, 06:25 PM
The one item I bought from Firewheel was great. Didn't hurt that I could just go pick it up instead of having to wait for shipping.

Over the past couple of years I've ordered from NPD and that other place I don't remember the name of (classicchevyparts? something long, and I think it had "Classic" in the name) - it was owned by the guy that had started Ausley's or Harmon's or one of them. No problems with either order.

Rocko71
11-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Check out Camaro Specialty Co. they are in NC and dont have as many parts as the bigger places, but they are quite a bit cheaper for the same parts. Great customer service, too. I bought a hood from them, and they brought it with them on their truck to a local show they were attending so i wouldnt have to pay all that shipping. I highly reccomend them to anyone with a 67-81 Camaro.

turner69camaro
11-18-2005, 08:38 PM
No question about, Ricks!!!! I have been doing restoration work for several years and they are by far the best. Heck I liked them so much that I became a dealer.

datsbad
12-07-2005, 08:11 PM
dont use year one . once they have your order they dont care !!!

Andrew McBride
12-08-2005, 06:50 AM
Another vote for Ricks First gen.

dgumoe
12-09-2005, 09:55 AM
national parts depot has been excellent for me when it comes to a-body stuff