PDA

View Full Version : Custom Sub-frame Connectors For "Oddball" Fox Body

FoxGranadaChuck
07-25-2005, 11:56 AM
I am inquiring as to whether there are establishments that would make full-length sub-frame connectors for a non-Mustang Fox body. It looks as though that I would have to have them fabbed by a shop. Am I correct?!

FoxGranadaChuck
07-28-2005, 06:14 AM
Upon further research, it is indeed obvious that I will have to get custom-fabricated subframe connectors.
The main question that I have now is what type (i.e., rouind-tube or square-tube) and what diameter should be used in my case?! Any input would be appreciated.

wantahertzdonut
07-28-2005, 09:33 AM
If you have a welder and a chop saw, it would not be very difficult to make subframe connectors yourself. I plan on making mine for my Mach.

Check around for some fox mustang SFC's and see where they attach to the car, then get under your car and see how the attachment points on the mustang relate to your car. Make some measurements and start cutting! With a little creativity you can probably have your own custom set, and probably for very little money.

Most SFC's are square tubing. It's easier to make joints for it and it'll be stiffer.

FoxGranadaChuck
07-28-2005, 07:56 PM
If you have a welder and a chop saw, it would not be very difficult to make subframe connectors yourself. I plan on making mine for my Mach.

Check around for some fox mustang SFC's and see where they attach to the car, then get under your car and see how the attachment points on the mustang relate to your car. Make some measurements and start cutting! With a little creativity you can probably have your own custom set, and probably for very little money.

Most SFC's are square tubing. It's easier to make joints for it and it'll be stiffer.

Thanks, man!!!