PDA

View Full Version : Seat Recommendations

FoxGranadaChuck
07-25-2005, 11:36 AM
As I am getting back into the groove of things surrounding getting my Cougar completed, I am asking for input. More specifically, I am requesting input concerning seats.
On one hand, I would want to get a pair of Recaros because of their reputation. More specifically, I would buy a pair of Style seats. The main drawback would be cost. While I don't want to go "under the bridge" cheap, I do want the most bang for my buck.
On the other hand, I want to go with a pair of Flofits. These would be less expensive, and these are made here (as far as I know) in the States. I know that the quality would be good. The only thing is, are they strong enough to hold up to intense driving?!
Any input would be much appreciated.

baz67
07-25-2005, 06:24 PM
I am going with the Recaro Speeds for my Camaro. I spent some time looking at most of the seats at SEMA 04' and liked those the best taking into account price, construction, fit, and some other criteria. You can get some break on the cost by going to motorsportseats.com. awr68 worked out a GP for 14% off list.

rocketrod
07-25-2005, 06:33 PM
I just got a set of Corbeau Legacy's, which I really like from motorsportseats.com

FoxGranadaChuck
07-26-2005, 06:23 AM
Thank you, gentlemen! I deeply appreciate the input!

Steve1968LS2
07-26-2005, 12:36 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Recaro Style seats... I have ran them in two cars and will run the Sport models in my 68.. by far the best quality out there.

You can get them for just over $700 per a seat plus sliders..

CAMAROBOY69
07-26-2005, 12:46 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Recaro Style seats... I have ran them in two cars and will run the Sport models in my 68.. by far the best quality out there.
You can get them for just over $700 per a seat plus sliders..

I really like your seats a lot too Steve. I have never been in them but i know they are heated and cooled. I have been trying to convince my girlfriend to get those for the 67 Fastback Mustang project. We dont want them for this 67 coupe since we are sticking with stock interior.

I should mention I love my 4th gen seats. Reasonably priced leather and they have power lumbar in both front seats. Easily ride for 9 hours straight and not get uncomfortable. :)

EDIT:
FoxGranadaChuck,
Did you ever think of newer generation seats from mabey a new Cougar or Mustang?

paul67
07-26-2005, 01:22 PM
If you like recaro seats try looking in fords possible the focus sports cars, also try vw and mercs.
paul67

FoxGranadaChuck
07-26-2005, 02:19 PM
EDIT:
FoxGranadaChuck,
Did you ever think of newer generation seats from maybe a new Cougar or Mustang?

Yes, I have. I just haven't seen or felt a pair of newer Mustang seats that I truly like. Plus, rewiring the Cougar for OE Mustang lumbar support seats would be a real PITA!

CAMAROBOY69
07-27-2005, 03:14 AM
Yes, I have. I just haven't seen or felt a pair of newer Mustang seats that I truly like. Plus, rewiring the Cougar for OE Mustang lumbar support seats would be a real PITA!
Nothing to it. Only 2 wires on almost every seat. A positve wire and a negative wire. Very easy. I have 4th gen power lumbar seats in my 69 Camaro. 2 wires thats all.

FoxGranadaChuck
07-27-2005, 04:30 AM
Nothing to it. Only 2 wires on almost every seat. A positve wire and a negative wire. Very easy. I have 4th gen power lumbar seats in my 69 Camaro. 2 wires thats all.

That would still make this job too complicated for me. Having to convert the Cougar from column shift to floor shift is going to be a big enough PITA as it is! (I have to convert to floor shift because I am going to install an AOD in the Cougar.)

Having power lumbar support is nice, but I like to have seats that do not need power lumbar support!

astroracer
07-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Like Adam suggested I think I'd be looking for some late model Mustang stuff. Seats, console, shifter, etc.
Mark

73z-6sp
07-27-2005, 09:49 PM
If you are on a budget, then how about the recaros from the 84-86 Mustang GT? I used them in my 73 and now am going to use them in my 68. Both times I have them re-upholstered which is a cost but it still works out to be less than what new seats would cost. I suppose they arent powered or anything fancy, but they sure are a lot more comfortable than what came in these cars! FWIW, I ditched the ugly halo headrests! Best of luck!

FoxGranadaChuck
07-28-2005, 04:16 AM
Like Adam suggested I think I'd be looking for some late model Mustang stuff. Seats, console, shifter, etc.
Mark

I already have the Mustang center console (from an '86 GT). I am now looking for an '86 AOD shifter. I might wind up with Mustang seats in the end, but that would be a last resort!

BTW, how is you "BadAst" Astro coming along?!

USAZR1
07-28-2005, 09:49 AM
I just got a pair of Arizen Racing Sports seats for my car. Cost for my standard black leather seats was $565,delivered. They're gonna look killer in my El Camino. :icon996:
http://www.arizenracingsports.com/

FoxGranadaChuck
08-29-2005, 11:49 AM

It turns out that the wiring won't be quite as much an issue as I thought that it would. I will probably buy a pair of good used Mustang GT seats and get them reupholstered as neccessary.

I thought of getting a pair of Recaros or Flofits, but I think that the Mustang seats would provide the most "bang for the buck." Besides, I don't think that it is such a good idea to spend a lot of money in seats on a "hooptie." The interior will be nice, though.