PDA

View Full Version : Clean way to hook up Vintage Air and Amp wire power wire off Battery

tonyvol
07-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if you have any pictures of a clean way to have the amp power wire and Vintage Air power wire coming off battery? I've read that you need the amp wire to come directly off the battery and Vintage Air states that the power wire also has to come directly off the battery.

Thanks,
Tony

Chris 68
07-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Look up "battery terminal distribution block" in google and you will find a multitude of options, I'm running one on the positive and negative post on my battery (I have a few things that need to to be ran directly to the negative of the battery as well) but they have several options for the number and size of wire running off the terminal. I forgot the brand I have but it has 4 hex screw connections that can accept wire from 0/1 to 8 gauge and comes with metal rings you can add or remove to adapt to your particular wire that you're running. This is what I'm using http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=108321&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 This is the cleanest solution I can think of.

tonyvol
07-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks Chris. Yeah, the rockfordfosgate looks like a really clean setup.

455Firebird
08-02-2012, 05:42 AM
I have one of these I'm about to put into my 69 bird as well. The only other things I might recommend is to get another terminal for the negative cable that matches, and to be aware of the colors of your wires (a lot of people run red power cables, but all the wiring under my hood is black, so I'm using black cable from the fuse to the terminal so it matches). You can also get some wire wrap or something to help clean it up, but this is definitely the way to go.

tonyvol
08-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks 455Firebird. Good idea on the negative terminal. Maybe you can send me a picture when it's installed?

fordsbyjay
09-09-2012, 12:15 PM
I like to use a battery with both top and side posts that way you can use one for accessories and one for starter power.

PT Sportwagon
09-26-2012, 05:50 PM
I like to use a battery with both top and side posts that way you can use one for accessories and one for starter power.
I used one in my 02 SQ world champion. The system off the top posts, the car off the sides. really cleaned up the battery area.

Tim