PDA

View Full Version : Amazing clip of Soldier

socalfandabodys
07-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Well since our guys are always getting bad publicity for what they do in Iraq, I thought I would post up this story. Its about a medic who gets shot in his vest by a sniper. They shoot back wounding the sniper and then the medic saves the life of the terrorist that tried to kill him. http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-976420.php

Jagarang
07-25-2005, 08:58 AM
That ought to put any doubt of the quality of the body armor supplied to our guys to rest! God bless our troops and Kevlar!

MrQuick
07-25-2005, 10:41 AM
I wish they had published the rest of the video... wonder why he kept repeting "god is great"?? hope for safe return

DarkBuddha
07-25-2005, 11:01 AM
It just occurs to me that if I was the insurgent sniper, and the guy I just shot dropped like that and then popped up like nothing happened, I think I'd be thinking "uh, maybe god is on their side and I should drop my rifle and run." :help: Then again, I guess I'd make a bad insurgent sniper... :screwy:

socalfandabodys
07-25-2005, 11:03 AM
I dont know why they repeat god is great after the shoot anything heres another amazing video of a russian helicopter in afghanistan which is shot down by two insurgents. The Pilot lives but they repeat god is great as well. Heres the clip

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/helishotdown.html

TonyL
07-25-2005, 11:49 AM
they repeat "god is great" the whole time they are doing "gods will." they were hopeing that shooting that guy worked out, and that he had died, or was about to.

They think that saying "god is great" helps. It also de huminizes yourself, and makes you feel like it's not you doing the deed, it's god.

I remember something along those lines from combat school when I was in the military. They try to make you understand the enemy.

Kenova
07-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Why do I get the feeling that the return fire was edited out of the video? What do the insurgents say then... "oh ****....oh ****.....oh ****"? Reminds me of some of these morons that video tape themselves committing crimes.
As I sit here, I'm trying to imagine the feeling of relief and joy that the American soldier felt when he realized what had just happened, and that he wasn't hurt. Without a doubt, that has to be a life altering experience.
Ken

MrQuick
07-25-2005, 09:56 PM
you guys notice the afgani's hardware? Tony, you should recognize it... funny.

porschev8
07-25-2005, 11:01 PM
I apologize to anyone I offended.

If you've ever lost a friend or relative to one of them it's a little difficult to hear someone shouting "god is great" in Arabic and knowing that those were the EXACT words they were hearing right up to the end.

-Tim

68protouring454
07-26-2005, 03:15 AM
this its whats wrong with this world, we have our young guys over there getting killed, and the first time we act in self defense/etc to protect themselves, they get repremanded for using excess force, give me a break, they go and publish this for media, what a joke, it that were me and i just got shot, there would be nothing left of the van once i knew thats where the shot came from, needless to say i would not help them, **** some states inthe U.S you can shoot someone for trespassing or trying to steal, but in another country at war, you can't unless ordered to return fire, i am not for killing but its different at war, just look at how bad the soldiers taken hostage get treated, beheaded etc, then look at what a huge deal was made of the gaurds at the prison who took pics etc of the prisoners, the still lived, they were not beheaded now those soldiers lifes are a mess, i can't wait to get flamed!!! we are at war, its not time to make friends, look at what mccaine went thru as a pow, and now we got saddam in a 4 star prison,its a joke, i say give the good people over there a chance to get out then drop thenbiggest bomb we can on that place.
theres a reason china air doesn't let saudis or arabs fly onthere airline, i will let you guess why./

Tim_in_NC
07-26-2005, 05:10 AM
I AGREE!!!

Foudie
07-26-2005, 08:25 AM
this its whats wrong with this world, we have our young guys over there getting killed, and the first time we act in self defense/etc to protect themselves, they get repremanded for using excess force, give me a break, they go and publish this for media, what a joke, it that were me and i just got shot, there would be nothing left of the van once i knew thats where the shot came from, needless to say i would not help them, **** some states inthe U.S you can shoot someone for trespassing or trying to steal, but in another country at war, you can't unless ordered to return fire, i am not for killing but its different at war, just look at how bad the soldiers taken hostage get treated, beheaded etc, then look at what a huge deal was made of the gaurds at the prison who took pics etc of the prisoners, the still lived, they were not beheaded now those soldiers lifes are a mess, i can't wait to get flamed!!! we are at war, its not time to make friends, look at what mccaine went thru as a pow, and now we got saddam in a 4 star prison,its a joke, i say give the good people over there a chance to get out then drop thenbiggest bomb we can on that place.
theres a reason china air doesn't let saudis or arabs fly onthere airline, i will let you guess why./

I agree!! Lets make Iraq into Middle East Disney. I read an article about Sodamn Insane's visit to our little prison. I guess he likes fruit loops and Doritos. Sounds like we are abusing his civil rights pretty bad. As far as the Gitmo thing, dont you just love all the whining and referring to basic fraternity hazing as torture? Give me a break. Here is a thought, how 'bout we support our soldiers and give them the benefit of the doubt instead of the people who want to kill us and all of our children. {Foudie gets down off of his soapbox as he realizes he is preaching to the choir}.

malihoochie
07-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Agreed ! Also how come we hear this great outcry when we do the most minor thing yet we hear nothing from the Muslim leaders when they commit real atrocities like killing children/civilians/hostages? Terrorizing the terrorists seems like the best way to go to me.

MrQuick
07-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Im not too sure if you guys realize that political/religious discussion is not tolerated here, there are other places to discuss that. I know im guilty of feeding the thread but I felt it was harmless at the time.
Tims statement sort of made me feel uneasy and I thought I would remind us why we are here. To discuss cars.
Something about the way it sounds just makes me want to choke the living crap out of the person speaking it. This might not be a hateful statement to some but it is to others.
I have many friends of middle eastern decent who practice the Islamic religion and they don't agree with the insurgents in Iraq, remember we are at war with Islam extremist (most of whom are not from Iraq)that don't see our views.
I know this war stirs many emotions and feelings that need to be expressed but please not here. Feel free to PM each outer or share emails on these matters. If it matters I have 4 family members and 7 friends fighting for our freedom we believe in...please don't give the censors reasons to do there jobs. Any gripes or disagree towards me please PM me as I will not answer in this thread. Thanks. :thankyou:

shmoov69
07-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Jane Fonda is on the news again.
Support OUR troops. PERIOD! :usa:

socalfandabodys
07-26-2005, 09:22 PM
I didnt mean to cause political debate because I know its not allowed. I just thought it was a cool video to show that our guys do good things. The media tends to show only the bad things our soldiers do. I ran into those clips on big-boys.com not a major networks web site.They would only show things on the news that make us look like evil americans who have no hearts. Personally right now I am already enlisted and just passing the next few days resting and reflecting before I get sent to basic training. I have a long 6 active duty years with an additional 8 reserve ahead of me and just wanted to get some good stories out there for our guys. Sorry about what it led to.

MrQuick
07-26-2005, 10:14 PM
No reason to apologize, its just the way some of these threads go.It happens. Thats why its best not to start. Like I said its a topic we all need to talk about just not here.
The video was compeling and does show the danger that soldiers face every day.
Good luck to you and remember we are all with you and hope for your safe return.

wantahertzdonut
07-27-2005, 06:17 AM
they repeat "god is great" the whole time they are doing "gods will." they were hopeing that shooting that guy worked out, and that he had died, or was about to.

They think that saying "god is great" helps. It also de huminizes yourself, and makes you feel like it's not you doing the deed, it's god.

I remember something along those lines from combat school when I was in the military. They try to make you understand the enemy.

Apparently that "thou shalt not kill" concept doesn't apply to those guys

Stupidnewbie
08-01-2005, 12:17 PM
The medic who was shot suffered no real injuries, he took cover behind his vehicle and located the sniper, wounded him, and captured him. I wonder if he was one of the many who purchased their own body armor before shipping out, I'm sure he's considering it a sound investment now!

wick
08-01-2005, 06:36 PM
If a guy took a shot at me and he missed or my body armor did it's job, I would stomp a mudhole in him. I don't care what language he speaks, religion he practices or the color of his skin, he would be DOA. It's not about hate, it's about survival.

My dad does not talk too much about the fighting in Korea but he did say the guys who hated didn't last long. He said you had a job to do and you did it. And you don't give someone a second chance if he's on the other side.

vanzuuk1
08-01-2005, 06:52 PM
socal, you didnt mean anything you were just showing a clip. Not your fault.

mix ignorance with fear and you get hate, its a much more complex issue than the kill/em/all types think.

I dont want to turn this into a pissing contest but if you want to choke someone because of their accent you need to "reflect" a little.

I dont think this is going to go in a positve direction so if you want to call me names pm me also.I have a new york accent if you want to choke me for that.

MrQuick
08-01-2005, 07:13 PM
can you say Radiator for us? LOL sorry Ralph! just had too... thanks Vanzu.

vanzuuk1
08-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Rahdeeahta! Noo Yawhk!

yody
08-01-2005, 07:46 PM
vince, you are such a nerd. We should send you to Iraq you would be a good peace keeper/negoatior

MrQuick
08-01-2005, 08:29 PM
insurgent extremist idea of peace is the world without the infidels...us...lets go, security contractors get 60k a month.

wick
08-02-2005, 07:25 AM
New York? Get a rope!! lol

porschev8
08-10-2005, 08:09 AM
I apologize to anyone I offended.

If you've ever lost a friend or relative to one of them it's a little difficult to hear someone shouting "god is great" in Arabic and knowing that those were the EXACT words they were hearing right up to the end.
-Tim

porschev8
08-10-2005, 10:33 AM
If a guy took a shot at me and he missed or my body armor did it's job, I would stomp a mudhole in him. I don't care what language he speaks, religion he practices or the color of his skin, he would be DOA. It's not about hate, it's about survival.

EXACTLY!

porschev8
08-10-2005, 10:46 AM
socal, you didnt mean anything you were just showing a clip. Not your fault.

mix ignorance with fear and you get hate, its a much more complex issue than the kill/em/all types think.

I dont want to turn this into a pissing contest but if you want to choke someone because of their accent you need to "reflect" a little.

I dont think this is going to go in a positve direction so if you want to call me names pm me also.I have a new york accent if you want to choke me for that.

You are right. It's much more complex than that. By the way....I already have a Dad so please save the lecture for someone else.

MrQuick
08-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Thank you Tim, I know its a very touchy subject...losing a lot of good people over there.

zman1969
08-11-2005, 11:15 AM

My dad does not talk too much about the fighting in Korea but he did say the guys who hated didn't last long. He said you had a job to do and you did it. And you don't give someone a second chance if he's on the other side.
agreed , someone once said "War is Hell"