PDA

View Full Version : time for a introduction from texas

cardude23
07-25-2012, 07:14 PM
name is allan a 21 year old from southeasttexas. been a long time lurker and finally decided to introduce myself. been part of a car family all my life been around show cars drag cars and rat rods. this car is my first pt car so ive been reading alot. what i have is a 66 mustang that ive had for the last 12 years. done all the restoration myself with help from my dad. my original plan was to just do it up as a small resto mod until i found this site. seen alot of cars and what finally pushed me over the edge was seeing a true pt car in person. (SSable's overclock) i just recently built a aluminum headed 306 for the car. and well im not happy with with it so ive changed the plans for the whole car. now on to the plans. i want to build the car so im can hopefully track it and do a couple of times to the strip a year. im going with a 02 ls1 with 4l60e and a 9in. gonna keep it fuel injected. i plan to do the mustang 2 style front suspension. hadnt decided on the rear just yet, (maybe the tci tourque arm) also hadnt decided on wheels yet really liking some of rushforth's stuff. interior gonna go with dakota digital gauges. and since im 6'6 i had to move the seat 1 foot back from stock so no more back seat. as for the fronts leaning toward some pro cars. i am building this car on a tight budget since im still in college and have a full time job. i welcome any opinions or advice. ive learned alot from this site and dont mind learning more. and i know yall love some pics so heres a few

BMR Sales
07-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the board! Love the early coupes!