PDA

View Full Version : Antenna Delete 67 Camaro

Xedlos
07-24-2012, 07:53 PM
So I have a 67 Xamaro with an antenna hole on the front right fender. Im still going to have a radio but I am wondering what the car would look like without an antenna. I know some have an antenna in the rear but havent seen any with no antenna.
How do you guys think it would look? Anyone done this?

sjaroslo
07-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Prodigy welded up the antenna opening on my front fender--it's nice and clean for sure. While I'm going to be more interested in listening to my engine than my stereo, I'm still going to look at hidden antenna solutions (I think there's a viable under-dash unit out there). I can post some pix but it isn't too hard to imagine what it looks like....

LSX67
07-25-2012, 05:37 AM
Removing the antenna not only cleans it up but it's one less thing you are dealing with while putting on your car cover. Go to your local car audio store and ask them for a flush mount antenna, it's a small black box that you can mount on the windshield or top of the dash.

77thor
07-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Here's a nice hidden antenna....
http://www.vintageautoradio.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=338&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=67

sjaroslo
07-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Here's a nice hidden antenna....
http://www.vintageautoradio.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=338&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=67

Yes, that was the choice that most caught my eye. I'll have to see what kind of room is left under the dash once the Vintage Air and everything else goes in under there, but I suspect this will be a great choice.

Garymac69
07-25-2012, 08:29 AM
The shop that fixed my car after it was wrecked, talked me into welding up the antenna hole for a cleaner look. I just put a rubber hose over the stock antenna, connected an extension cable, grounded the antenna base to the car. I then wire-tied it horizontally to the panel behind the rear seats. Works 90% as good as before.

Gary

Mike72ss
07-25-2012, 09:07 AM
The shop that fixed my car after it was wrecked, talked me into welding up the antenna hole for a cleaner look. I just put a rubber hose over the stock antenna, connected an extension cable, grounded the antenna base to the car. I then wire-tied it horizontally to the panel behind the rear seats. Works 90% as good as before.

Gary

I had my antenna hole welded up also. I haven't got the car back on the road yet, but I like that idea better Gary.

Thanks,
Mike

SkinsandJrfan
07-25-2012, 10:15 AM
I got one from my local shop. It's under the dash and gets stations 60 miles away. I get Raleigh stations from fayetteville, Nc. My 68 looks much cleaner without that on the fender. Side note, I also closed on my marker lights to help with the cleanliness. I say do it.

sjaroslo
07-25-2012, 12:58 PM
During:

After:

I actually think that the antenna on the rear fender could look right with the right car, but it is nice and clean without....