PDA

View Full Version : need advice on a roof skin

anthonys 69
07-24-2012, 06:40 PM
I’m looking for some advice, I need to change the roof skin and drip rails on my 69 camaro. I can get the roof skin and drip rails from national parts depot for $250 and $119 and not pay shipping because, I live about 10 miles away from the Florida warehouse. Or pay about $100 plus shipping more from auto metal direct. Is AMD roof worth the extra. If NPD roof is the same ill just get it there. Thanks for your help

anthonys 69
07-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Well iv come to a conclusion the AMD rear quarter panels i put on fit very well. And the AMD roof panel has the gm stamp of approval. So I’m going to get the drip rail from NPD so I can keep working with out much delay and order the AMD roof skin. I figured I’m putting the best I can afford on the car because I’m building this for me so why would I want to skimp on the roof. Thanks

mcraw66chevy
07-26-2012, 08:30 PM
First off i do this for a living i mostly build camaros /chevelles so that being said i dont want you think this is my first time i put a Goodmark roof skin on late fall last year it was awefulllll i ended up splitting it on front and back the curves were wrong one side fit well behind drip rails the other suck. I got my first pieces of AMD in last week cant wait to use . Fyi - i bought a Goodmark cowl hood 69 camaro late fall differant car open the box to find another box stamped made in taiwan all they done was rebox it hell if thats what i wanted i could bought one from my local Keystone . Just pulled off 2 fenders on another 69 camaro last week Goodmark to replace with some repaired used originals . I could see the headers through the jams , Was a big fan of Goodmark for a long time now there just like the rest of the aftermarket crap ( taiwan)

elitecustombody
07-29-2012, 04:26 PM
First off i do this for a living i mostly build camaros /chevelles so that being said i dont want you think this is my first time i put a Goodmark roof skin on late fall last year it was awefulllll i ended up splitting it on front and back the curves were wrong one side fit well behind drip rails the other suck. I got my first pieces of AMD in last week cant wait to use . Fyi - i bought a Goodmark cowl hood 69 camaro late fall differant car open the box to find another box stamped made in taiwan all they done was rebox it hell if thats what i wanted i could bought one from my local Keystone . Just pulled off 2 fenders on another 69 camaro last week Goodmark to replace with some repaired used originals . I could see the headers through the jams , Was a big fan of Goodmark for a long time now there just like the rest of the aftermarket crap ( taiwan)

What made you think that Goodmark was made in USA?

OP, if you need AMD parts, let me know ,you can look me up on AMD website too

anthonys 69
08-08-2012, 05:44 PM
cool i will thanks