PDA

View Full Version : mock up prior to paint

indyjps
07-24-2005, 03:31 PM
69 camaro. how much mock up/assembly did everyone do prior to primer or paint. looking to add vintage air, guages, dse wipers or similar conversion, wiring before or after. mock up dash then tape off? any suggestions. thanks

Camaro Zach
07-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Personally i would do EVERYTHING except wiring. Then you are sure thaty you wont be cutting/modifying painted stuff. Assemble all the fenders hood trunk lid all that stuff make sure everything is straight

CAMAROBOY69
07-26-2005, 03:23 AM
I try to mock up EVERYTHING before I paint. You can safely drive your car in Epoxy primer for a long time without it rusting while you mock everything up.

ProdigyCustoms
07-26-2005, 03:35 AM
Repro trim fits funky to say the least. You really need to test fit at least the trim pieces, like the quarter louvers, grill, etc.

JLM
07-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Agreed, I'd mock up everything on the car to make sure everything is exactly where you want it. Last thing you waqnt to be doing is rebuilding a beautifully painted car only to find fitment issues. Then you go about moving around, hammering on and possibly scratching the paint. Money wated in that situation.

indyjps
07-27-2005, 11:55 PM
thanks for the help guys, ill most likely paint everything but the outer skin myself so touching up wont be horrible, going to do some custom dash/guages and really want to mock up wiring prior to paint so i can route wires and mounting location. getting vintage air in will be a must.