PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

MadBadger
07-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Hello to everyone,

I have been reading the posts here for a while now and finally got around to joining. I finally bought a 68 Camaro in December; I had wanted one for many years. So far I have learned more here in a few months than I had learned up to this point about Camaros, this site is awesome!

My Camaro was originally a six cylinder car, but now has a 350 engine and 350 tranny with traction bars and mono-leaf rear suspension. It has an open diff. 10 bolt rear, I am looking for a 12 bolt posi rear for it now. I also am replacing the passenger side lower control arm, which was bent. When I bought it the heater core was out, so I replaced that and while I was at it I stripped all the old interior out and have painted the whole interior with POR-15. The only rust was a few pinholes in the floorboards and some surface rust on the inner fenders and the inside of the roof.

I definitely want to go with the "pro-touring" idea rather than the drag racer style. I am planning on sub-frame connectors, then an 8 or 10 point cage, then upgraded seats, then upgraded suspension. The engine seems to run really strong now, so upgrades to that will come later. I'm going to have lots of questions each step of the way, and a lot of them have been answered by reading the posts here already, you guys on this site really know your stuff!

I have seen several cars on this site that have given me some real good ideas, my original ideas of what I wanted came from an article in the August 1996 issue of Hot Rod, it featured the 67 Camaro Mark Stielow built for the One Lap of America, that was the car that made me absolutely sure I wanted a 67 or 68 Camaro. I would love to set up my car like that one. I know there are many more great examples out there, but for some reason that one really "does it" for me.

I don't have any pictures of the car yet, but as soon as I get my digital camera back, I'll put some pictures up.

Thank you all for the info I've already got and for a lot more to come.

Ralph LoGrasso
07-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the site. Nice choice on the '68!