PDA

View Full Version : wildwood synaptic 4 piston v dynapro 6 piston

Danksta14
07-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Ok so I already have the dynapro 4 pistons on all four corners. I am thinking about upgrading to get the dynapro 6 piston up front. What advantages/disadvantages(if any) will I encounter if I get the 6 piston for the front. is it worth the extra money. I have 18x8.5 up front 19x10.5 in rear. I will be primarily using for street with the occasional trip to the track.

jpgolf14
07-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Ok so I already have the dynapro 4 pistons on all four corners. I am thinking about upgrading to get the dynapro 6 piston up front. What advantages/disadvantages(if any) will I encounter if I get the 6 piston for the front. is it worth the extra money. I have 18x8.5 up front 19x10.5 in rear. I will be primarily using for street with the occasional trip to the track for some trials.

There are many version of the Dynapro. Can you provide the part number? Are they the 3.5" or 5.25" lug mount?

65-fastback
07-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Can't you just swap the 6s for the 4s?

recall to see it on a webshop who offered 6s on 12"
I also consider to swap to the bigger calipers, but keeping the smaller wilwood assembly

65-fastback
07-16-2012, 11:18 AM

I also consider to swap to the bigger calipers, but keeping the smaller wilwood assembly

jpgolf14
07-16-2012, 07:25 PM

It really depends which dynalite 4's he has. They make the dynalites in 3.5" lug mount, 5.25" lug mount, as well as radial mount.

To Danksta, if your calipers happen to be the 3.5" lug mount versions, I would highly recommend switching from the small caliper dynalites to the mid sized FSL 4 or 6.

Danksta14
07-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Ya not quite sure. ill post a pic of outside of wheel/brakes and you might be able to see if they are 3.5 lug or 5.25 lug. hopefully you can tell from viewing the outside of the wheel...

edit...ya looking at the picture prob wont be able to tell. I will post a better picture tomorrow.

Danksta14
07-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Ok hear are some pics that should work.

Danksta14
07-17-2012, 07:13 PM
62138brake pic

jpgolf14
07-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Those are not Dynapros. Those are FSL Forged Superlites. That is a good thing, the FSL is a much better caliper. Also I will point out that the ones on your passenger side are actually driver side calipers, they are installed upside down. The bleeders should always point up. Can you grab the model number, it should be printed on the face underneath the W in Wilwood.

67rally
07-20-2012, 03:41 AM
double post

67rally
07-20-2012, 03:49 AM
Those are not Dynapros. Those are FSL Forged Superlites. That is a good thing, the FSL is a much better caliper. Also I will point out that the ones on your passenger side are actually driver side calipers, they are installed upside down. The bleeders should always point up. Can you grab the model number, it should be printed on the face underneath the W in Wilwood.

I'm not sure. Those look like DynaPro's to me. I have the same calipers up front. Regardless, they both have bleeders on top and bottom.

jpgolf14
07-20-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure. Those look like DynaPro's to me. I have the same calipers up front. Regardless, they both have bleeders on top and bottom.

Nope they are definatley superlites. The new superlites have bleeders on top and bottom but the old style, like he has, has a cross over tube. You can clearly see the cross over tube in the pictures. I'm not sure where you guys are getting the idea these are dynapros, they look nothing alike.

dontlifttoshift
07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
There are no bridge bolts in a DynaPro....That's the easiest way to tell them apart for this thread.

67rally
07-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Nope they are definatley superlites. The new superlites have bleeders on top and bottom but the old style, like he has, has a cross over tube. You can clearly see the cross over tube in the pictures. I'm not sure where you guys are getting the idea these are dynapros, they look nothing alike.

Here's a shot of the 6 piston SuperLites (top) that I was sent by accident vs the 6 piston DynaPro's (bottom). I would agree that the 4 piston DynaPro's do look different, but I'd say these two are similar.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/12/CIMG7336x-1.jpg

jpgolf14
07-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Here's a shot of the 6 piston SuperLites (top) that I was sent by accident vs the 6 piston DynaPro's (bottom). I would agree that the 4 piston DynaPro's do look different, but I'd say these two are similar.

Sure, I get it. But we aren't talking about the six piston versions.

67rally
07-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Sure, I get it. But we aren't talking about the six piston versions.

Yes, I understand. I was saying that his calipers looked like 6 piston DynaPro's, which is what I run as my fronts. I have the 4 piston DynaPro's on the rear and they do not look the same.

My mistake. Back on topic?