PDA

View Full Version : First Muscle Car

Rhomeo
07-10-2012, 05:24 AM
First off just like to say THIS IS AN AWESOME SITE!!! Ok, now that I got that out of my system, I had to join this site guys cause i just purchased my first muscle car. Its 1970 Chevelle, Malibu..yes i know a lot of people have them but this one is different or will be. I am currenty employed for the United States Air Force! Sorry, anyways Im going to need help, alot of help, a lot of questions will be asked, i hope you guys will reply fast when i start asking. I wont be starting soon though cause im currently stationed in South Korea, but when i get back in about 10 months the fun begins. BTW this site is inspiring to me and while im here i always thing of you guys...your what i fight for...you motivate me to keep going when i feel crappy. Keep building those awesome cars cause it is appreciated. I am hoping to build what you guys call a G-Machine, I think thats what you call em. Not Pro-Touring, but not a Street Figher, yeah. I want my family to ride with me but im in the military so im poor, meaning cant afford the full up Pro-Touring but want it to be comfortabtle for my wife and kids. Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated, thanks. God Bless America!:usa:61888

CornHusker4Life
07-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Welcome. Same boat as you, Air Force. My first major suggestion is figure out exactly what you want the final product to be. One example SBC, BBC, LS? Do not compromise on what you want because you cannot afford it. I made the mistake before and it costs. Save your money and do what you want. I always find deals on the classified section and since you are not in a hurry you can start collecting parts. Most parts can be picked up from 20-50% of sticker because people bought parts and they are changing the directions of their builds. Also when you get back, hook up with some local guys who can help with the build in your garage and it normally only costs you a couple cases of beers and is more fun. Enjoy!!!! But watch out it is ADDICTIVE

Rhomeo
07-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Awesome advice sir, I dont know anything about LS engines so i guess i have to do some researching. Do you know anybody in the Eglin area? Do you have any projects going on?

CruizinKev
07-16-2012, 07:00 AM
welcome aboard!

BMR Sales
07-26-2012, 07:31 AM
First off I would like to Thank You guys for your service to all of us!:usa:

What part of Florida are you from? We are in Tampa!

We have some great suspension parts for your car when you are ready.

regal454
07-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks for your service to our country! Great looking Malibu, good luck with the build!

deejai35
08-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the site. Thanks for serving. Good looking Chevelle you have there. There's tons of information here and plenty of parts for that platform.

rusty63ss
08-12-2012, 02:15 PM
First off THANK YOU for serving our country! :usa:
I'm a new guy here too. There are lots of great projects here and lots of great knowledge. I have quite a few friends that have made the change to the LSx family of motors and they love them!! I too am building my first muscle car. I have jumped in with both feet and going LS1 in mine.:usa:

I'm looking forward to you coming home and posting progress pics of your beautiful car!!

Rod
08-12-2012, 02:30 PM
welcome