PDA

View Full Version : 74 dodge coronet?!

swissfox
07-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Hey there.
My name is Michael, i'm from switzerland. Unfortunatly we don't have too many chances to find a musclecar with a good basis for a project. But last week I heard about a guy who is selling a 74 dodge coronet (318cui). As I'm following your forum (it's great by the way!!) I thought, some of you guys here may help me. Is the 74 dodge coronet a good basis for a project, I'm asking because i couldn't find a lot about the car in the internet?! Most of the stuff is for the 65-70 coronets.

Thanks in advance and keep the awesome work up.

Michael

Amatouring
07-09-2012, 07:27 AM
They are bigger and heavier than the earlier cars, were prone to rust, and will be really hard to find parts for. I like the "dare to be different" projects, but unless you really love the way it looks, I would keep looking for something with some parts availability. Just my opinion.

swissfox
07-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Thank you for your quick response and informations. I'll take a look at the car next week and make my decision afterwards. But if you tell me that it will be hard to find parts even in the states, I have to look for something else..

wellis77
07-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the forum!!! I'm in Zurich, but building my project in the States over the holidays. If the Coronet is complete and not completely rusted out, would be a good start for a project; I don't recall seeing too much available for body parts if it is bad. So if it's clean, it may be worth it. They are big though, and would be real different from anything I've seen here in Zurich. Would love to see a big Mopar around. Hopefully it's in good shape for you. Keep us posted.

swissfox
07-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Hey Will, thanks for your response. As I sad, I will take a good look at the car, make my decision and will definitly give you an answer. I checked out your project, looks awesome!! Can't wait to visit the states again :) I travel to the USA at least once a year.

wellis77
07-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks Michael. Yeah I'm already looking forward to getting back. Lots to do... Where are you located? My wife and I just moved to Au between Wädenswil and Horgen along Lake Zürich.

swissfox
07-10-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm at home in Luzern and work at Kloten, therefore I'm often in the area of Zürich. Maybe we will see us one day on the road or elsewhere. Would be great..