PDA

View Full Version : NEW! variable speed electric fan harnesses for any fan-including the Mark VIII.

H2Ogbodies
07-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Ok, I've been building several electric fan harnesses as of late to accomodate various customers needs and while I do like a few PWM controllers, most are either failure prone in one way or another-or, parts and service are lacking in the event you have a problem. Oftentimes, you want a relay backup just in case you are on the road and something happens, right? Okay-I have designed a different approach to this problem with what I like to call a variable resistor relay bank for the fan control. It's not quite what anybody has come up with and it solves a few problems-it allows multiple speed operation of ANY single or dual speed fan with a low, medium and high speed with a circuit for bypassing medium speed to high and for bypassing to high speed for times when the AC is one. If you have (2) ground triggers whether they are ECM controlled or if they are temp switches, then this kit will work for you. All wiring is j1128 spec for underhood use and all connections are soldered/heatshrinked.

I came up with this as my own solution to the later style Mark VIII fans NOT being a true dual speed fan and after reviewing Fords ECM designs on the Mark VIII's using variable power transitor circuits to vary the fan speed in later models, I thought this design out in literally 2 minutes but needed to do some field testing for durability. This kit is so easy to wire-the most difficult part is the actual mounting of it...lol. If youwant details on it or have questions, PM me or send me an email and I can explain exactly how why it works. I've ran a demo harness on an LT1 dual fan setup, a Mark VIII single speed fan and also on one of my dual speed RF24 fans using only the high speed terminal-all tests were a 100% success! I'm asking $129.99 for each kit and I may offer a discount for multiple quantities but as of right now, I'm spending my time building my inventory so like I said if you have any questions, let me have em!

H2Ogbodies
07-04-2012, 06:20 PM
...another option for people who like the fan(s) they are currently using and would like to upgrade to one of my harnesses, I can install it on your fan if you want to pay to have it shipped both ways-this way, I can do the tedious work for you and completely integrate what youhave with one of my harnesses-and it can be either this one or one from TheRelayCenter.com if this makes it easier for some of you guys....lemme know.

neki67
07-05-2012, 01:53 AM
Looking good!

Not in the market for it right now but I will keep it in mind.

Good luck and thanks for sharing.

geberhard
07-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Awesome offering and shoudl get in touch in the near future once I decide cooling direction on the projects, thanks!

H2Ogbodies
07-05-2012, 12:53 PM
No problem. I just want to offer something that is pretty much problem-free in terms of durability-I do have upgrades planned for it already but the basic design will be the same. At the very least it would serve as a great relay control backup to any controller you might currently be running. Most controllers use a sensor input for the temperature while this harness relies on temp switches to ground instead so you could very easily hardwire the IGN turn-on lead for this to a switch that will effectively make this act a sa backup in case of a controller failure....and with this you'll still get multi-speed fan function! No other relay kit offers this by itself let alone as a backup to a main controller. So you can use this a a primary fan control unit or as a back-up to your existing PWM style controller for example.