PDA

View Full Version : New here with a new build

gak68
07-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey there. Just wanted to make an appearance. I have been wanting to build a '68 Camaro for a long time now and I finally pulled the trigger on the project; I just recently got this one. The body has been all finished and ready for paint, so all the fun stuff is left for me to do; fabrication and assembly. My plan is to build a 5.3L engine with a T-56 for the drive train and do some sort of coilover suspension front and most likely DSE suspension out rear, or maybe hotrods to hell truckarm suspension. I have been pulling alot of info from the site already and hope to get some more info outta all of you haha.

BMR Sales
07-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Welcome the board.......Ii seen your other post in the wheel section and I think we can help you simplify things and save tons of $$$$

Anyway, the car sounds great so far..... make sure to post a few pics of it when you can....

BTW: Are you planning to paint it yourself?

CruizinKev
07-03-2012, 12:47 AM
welcome aboard! :twothumbs

gak68
07-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Well I just picked up the car yesterday, it was in even better condition than I even expected The body is flawless You could eat off the bottom of this car it also came with just about everything needed to put thing back together, and it was all brand new. Me and my friend literally filled the inside of the car up to the windows with brand new parts. All of the sheet metal is original GM; I cannot believe how thick they used to make body panels, no wonder they survived so many years. Well here are some quick pictures I took while we unloaded it.

diesel25lrs
07-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Very nice start! Good luck!

gak68
07-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Very nice start! Good luck!

Thanks, I am already on information overload trying to figure out my engine/transmisson suspension setups, I am set on the LS series motors and T-56 tranny, but it's a big chunk of money on a 25 yr. old.