PDA

View Full Version : Kinda looking for a 69 Camaro nice driver

gearheads78
06-26-2012, 11:14 AM
My wife was susposed to get her dad's 69' that he had when he was killed on a motorcycle when she was 4yo. A few years ago her grandfather sold it out from under her and its been a real sore subject in the family since. We have had some tough times ourself loosing my second daughter at birth 2 years ago yesterday. Since we have been blessed with wonderful twins so the sorrow is not what it was but I want to do something special for her. Our 10th aniversary is in Septemer and I would like to find a 69 and supprise her.

I had always planned on building one for her but with work and kids I don't see that happening anytime soon. I need to find a car that needs little to nothing to be a driver and not a mudded up rusty scupture. Silver or blue would be the perfect colors but open to any other than green or gold. I don't care about matching numbers and don't want any real high HP cars 450 or less is all she needs. Std trans is first choice but auto is not a deal breaker. An LS motored mild restomod / PT build without a cage would be ideal but even the right bone stock car would be considered.

I can't afford a 50K car so don't bother wasting your or my time if thats what you are looking to get. My price range is going to be in the high 20K range max but really like to find something in the low to mid 20's

Thanks for any help

Richard

indebt69
06-26-2012, 04:52 PM
My wife was susposed to get her dad's 69' that he had when he was killed on a motorcycle when she was 4yo. A few years ago her grandfather sold it out from under her and its been a real sore subject in the family since. We have had some tough times ourself loosing my second daughter at birth 2 years ago yesterday. Since we have been blessed with wonderful twins so the sorrow is not what it was but I want to do something special for her. Our 10th aniversary is in Septemer and I would like to find a 69 and supprise her.

I had always planned on building one for her but with work and kids I don't see that happening anytime soon. I need to find a car that needs little to nothing to be a driver and not a mudded up rusty scupture. Silver or blue would be the perfect colors but open to any other than green or gold. I don't care about matching numbers and don't want any real high HP cars 450 or less is all she needs. Std trans is first choice but auto is not a deal breaker. An LS motored mild restomod / PT build without a cage would be ideal but even the right bone stock car would be considered.

I can't afford a 50K car so don't bother wasting your or my time if thats what you are looking to get. My price range is going to be in the high 20K range max but really like to find something in the low to mid 20's

Thanks for any help

Richard

Here's a car I saw the other day online. Looks pretty clean and nice to me.
http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/3092525817.html

gearheads78
06-28-2012, 07:04 PM
thanks for the lead Darren I welcome any more. I am waiting for pics of a Hugger orange car that is susposed to be really nice but its an older guy that does not do the internet. He has a family member that should be sending them Friday.

gearheads78
07-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Still looking and willing to go to as much as 28-29K for the right car

Nine Ball
07-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Richard,

I sent you an email. I may have what you are looking for, and I'm not too far from Dallas.

Tony

gearheads78
07-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks Tony. I will check my email when I get home tonight.