PDA

View Full Version : NOLA Area people? Moving from Tn and need car storage options.

zombiekiller
06-25-2012, 06:25 AM
So it's 100% that my company will be re-locating me from nashville to New orleans.

My wife wants to live in New orleans city limits to be close to everything in order to make seeing friends, nightlife, etc wore accessible. We both know if we got a house out near slidell or even lakeview, the travel distance to head into the marigny, quarter, uptown, etc would de-motivate us from being social unless it was for something really cool.

that puts me in a predicament for my car. Garages are way hard to come by in most areas of town outside of uptown or metarie. We'll be renting when we first get there so we can take our time house shopping.

So I need a place to store and work on my car if we can't find a house with a garage. (We also have a big dog, so a yard take precedence over a garage.)

do any of y'all know of any storage facilities that allow you to work on vehicles there? I'm in the big push to get my car drivable in the short term because I'm out of time ( moving in 30-60 days tops) and My finances wouldn't keep up with that schedule to order a new trans, brakes, A/C unit, fuel injection, etc plus get it all installed.

I'll also be looking for someone to paint my car as I don't think that I'll get beyond finishing my body work and getting the car into primer.

If any of y'all down that way have some extra room in your garage, I'd be happy to pay you garage rent and include use of any of my tools.