PDA

View Full Version : Apple Pie

WILWAXU
06-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Anyone else seen this? http://www.juniorsmidnightmoon.com/

Looks like even 'shine' is going mainstream. I picked up a jar of "Apple Pie" today in Jacksonville, FL. I'll let you'll know how it compares to it's home brewed namesake. :D

dropit69
06-25-2012, 04:50 AM
they have a store in Gatlinberg that sells it..but ill take the home brewed..lol

mpozzi
06-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Come to a Bill Howell and Co production and you will be able to get an up close and personal introduction to the real-deal Apple Pie. Smart one that I am (which is a bit debatable), I have run every time Albert, our resident "Loony" from the Great White North, sneaks up behind me with jar in hand. That said, the others that are still standing with two functioning brain cells have told me that after one or two sips, its amazing and a life-changing experience.

Mary Pozzi

Rick Dorion
06-25-2012, 08:41 AM
I keep thinking of Mags in Justified

ehummelman
06-25-2012, 09:02 AM
I've got 2 jars of the blueberry, it's OK but nothing like the real thing. Which is probably a good thing.

WILWAXU
06-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Come to a Bill Howell and Co production and you will be able to get an up close and personal introduction to the real-deal Apple Pie. Smart one that I am (which is a bit debatable), I have run every time Albert, our resident "Loony" from the Great White North, sneaks up behind me with jar in hand. That said, the others that are still standing with two functioning brain cells have told me that after one or two sips, its amazing and a life-changing experience.

Mary Pozzi
Mary, That will be the exact apple pie I'll be comparing it too :)

Yup.. no doubt :D

SLO_Z28
06-25-2012, 03:01 PM

Classic. I love that show.

80 proof is not any stronger than the Johnny Walker Blue Label that is my go to drink. Even in the bathtub my friend brews it in he was able to get 192-195 proof, then you cut it down with white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, apple cider and apple juice and end up with something that you can drink.

andrewb70
06-25-2012, 03:32 PM
I like bourbon...

Andrew

tazzz25906112
07-03-2012, 06:39 PM

Mary Pozzi

Looney you say ROFLMAO ;-)..... well this crazy Canadian will have to see about the run factor,,, and if we can introduce you to Elvis like another good friend of ours.... Game on Girl.....

BonzoHansen
07-03-2012, 06:51 PM
I saw none at RTTS was was let down....

tazzz25906112
07-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Scott I'll have to try to do something about that buddy ;-)....

CornHusker4Life
07-03-2012, 07:04 PM
I have a mason jar half full in my frige:smoke:. Gonna miss the good stuff when I move...

BonzoHansen
07-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Scott I'll have to try to do something about that buddy ;-)....

:fingersx:

Happyfunballs
07-04-2012, 12:29 PM
I bought a "case" that came straight off of a Georgia mountainside. Even got both kinds, clear and not clear. After my hair began falling out, having made my way through a quarter of the first jar, I used the rest of it to power my lawn mower. Think I'll stick to drinking beer.

WILWAXU
07-04-2012, 12:42 PM
So, the Junior Johnson stuff is decent, very strong... but is not a comparison for our favorite Apple Pie.