PDA

View Full Version : Re: RTTH , My first event!

real57vetteguy
06-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Hi all,

Im sure some of you have seen my garage build over in the project updates, I think I will be finished up this month. I am really excited about RTTH, I am located right outside of Asheville NC. This will be my first pro touring event ever. The 442 I am building is my first pro touring build. Does anyone have any advice about the event? I would like to know more about any events within a 200 mile radius of Asheville. Is there a thread for people planning on attending?

Thanks

Tucks69
06-26-2012, 01:52 AM
It is a great event, I have been going since 2008! I usually go up thursday night, then it is action packed til sunday afternoon!

pharmd
06-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Hoping to have the car done by then....look forward to meeting everyone and checking our their rides.

rmk600
06-29-2012, 02:56 AM
Real57, we have a house in between Waynesville and Sylva and can't wait to come up for this event. My good friend is bringing his LS1 '69 Camaro and '69 LS1 Firebird vert and I'm bringing my LS1 '69 Camaro. Keep in touch and maybe you can roll over to Pigeon with us. The drive on 441 is a fun drive! Really looking forward to this weekend!

Slick68
07-09-2012, 11:07 AM
I went as a spectator last year(blown motor in my 68 C10), and had a blast just watching and meeting members. I'm almost finished with the LS1 swap in my truck, so I'm hoping to be able to participate this year!! Hope to see you there..or here. :lol:

SicMonte
07-10-2012, 02:31 PM
looks like there is nothing planned for sunday this year??

GeoffP
07-10-2012, 06:04 PM
The post I saw someplace (dunno where now) said that the dragstrip that had been used in the past has closed their doors. I'm sure it's difficult to plan anything around Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg being a weekend right on top of the Grand Rod Run.

protouring70
07-11-2012, 12:11 AM
This is the best event to make it to. And a great group of people!

Slick68
07-11-2012, 12:34 AM
The post I saw someplace (dunno where now) said that the dragstrip that had been used in the past has closed their doors. I'm sure it's difficult to plan anything around Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg being a weekend right on top of the Grand Rod Run.

looks like there is nothing planned for sunday this year??

Yes, 411 dragstrip closed. The last I heard, a group was buying(or at least thinking about buying) it and making the necessary repairs/updates the track desperately needs. They were also trying to get rid of some of the "questionable" crowd that stayed up ther all the time. There's more to it, but I'm not typing that much. lol

Trying to plan anything if Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg will be very difficult during the rod run, but everybody is usually leaving town on Sunday.

If somebody wants to let the planners know, there is English Mtn Dragway (http://www.facebook.com/pages/English-Mountain-Dragway/142251815844347) in Newport, TN or Knoxville Dragstrip (www.knoxvilledragstrip.com) in Knoxville/Maynardville, TN.

diesel25lrs
07-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Real57,
This will be my first event as well! I'll be cruising up there with Tuck If I get my car finished in time.....The countdown begins!!!

Jrock072
07-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Nothing is planned for Sunday this year, since the dragstrip is closed. I will pass the info about the tracks in newport and knoxville... not sure what they are wanting to do.

Yes, 411 dragstrip closed. The last I heard, a group was buying(or at least thinking about buying) it and making the necessary repairs/updates the track desperately needs. They were also trying to get rid of some of the "questionable" crowd that stayed up ther all the time. There's more to it, but I'm not typing that much. lol

Trying to plan anything if Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg will be very difficult during the rod run, but everybody is usually leaving town on Sunday.

If somebody wants to let the planners know, there is English Mtn Dragway (http://www.facebook.com/pages/English-Mountain-Dragway/142251815844347) in Newport, TN or Knoxville Dragstrip (www.knoxvilledragstrip.com) in Knoxville/Maynardville, TN.

JEFFTATE
07-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Sunday is a good day to hang out with people we don't get to see enough of , do low-key car stuff , cruise some back roads , eat ..

Buckeye
07-11-2012, 05:58 PM
I wonder how few other fords will be there other than mine... looks like a ton of 1rst gen f bodys

diesel25lrs
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
JTate- & actually get to meet all the guys in person i've been talking to for a year on here! Lol...

dropit69
07-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Signed up ..and will hopefully never miss this event !!! such a killer time..

SicMonte
07-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Kim and I will be down there Thurs-Mon. If nothing is planned for Sunday we plan to do the Tail of the Dragon a couple times and just hang out in Gatlinburg. Anyone is welcome to join us on Sunday.

rmk600
07-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Just signed up for the cruise and dinner on Friday! Will be there saturday as a spectator and hope to cruise the Blue Ridge Pkwy saturday afternoon and maybe early sunday. Beautiful road and in a lot better shape than Tail of the Dragon. Can't wait to meet everbody and enjoy our cars.

71duster
07-14-2012, 05:43 PM
hey doug. we may be up for that. you have your car sorted out after jersey?