PDA

View Full Version : A re-introduction from Indy

IndyDave
06-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Hey all!

I signed up here about 8 months ago to let you know the SCCA Region I'm involved in was creating some classes for pro-touring cars. Well, I've decided to join the ranks. A few weeks ago the wife and I went to Tennessee and picked up a Dodge Aspen and today our road race Dodge Neon was sold and left for Detroit.

We've been wanting to build another car for a while now. I've for the longest time wanted to build a stock car influenced street machine (I used to race short track street stockers) and my wife just wants another Mopar with a big, lumpy cam. I chose an Aspen for 2 reasons: 1) it was much less expensive to buy a clean one than more traditional Mopars and 2) the Aspen / Volare body was very popular on Chrysler Kit Car short track cars. The biggest challenge is deciding on how to improve the handling. Anyway, I've been doing a bunch of lurking, reading, and learning a bunch!

Motorcitydak
06-23-2012, 09:47 PM
I really like those cars, just recently saw an r/t for sale and had to take quite a while convincing myself that I could not have another project car. They seemed relatively small and hopefully not too heavy. What do they weigh? Post up a build thread when you get a chance!

IndyDave
06-24-2012, 04:30 PM
I always thought they were cool. I haven't rolled this car on the scales but all the info I've seen say the curb weight is around 3200#. There's a lot that can come out so I could see this car being under 3000#.