PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen Suspension Questions

dipren443
07-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Ok, I am looking for recommendations before I make up my decision. For starters, I am looking to make the car handle a bit on the extreme side. I am pretty much dead set on retrofitting a C4 Corvette IRS rear and upgrading the componentry on it. I will be using the Wayne Due kit to install it.

As far as the front, I am a little confused on what to do. I am currently waiting on ATS's spindles for the second gen. I will be participating in the beta test program for them, and I already have the C5 brakes to go along with them. Now, the rest of the chassis is bone stock. I was wondering if it would be in my best interest to go with a Martz front clip or the Wayne Due clip. Or should I continue to modify my stock suspension??? I was just thinking by the time I upgrade the steering, the mounts, the bushings, the control arms, that I would end up spending just as much by going that route. Sooo, I was wondering if it just might be more cost effective to go with this type of solution as I will be upgrading everything at once. And I wouldn't mind being able to completely detail my engine bay at the same time and shave the firewall also. And what advantages do either the Wayne Due or Martz clip have from a geometry standpoint? Is one better than the other? They save weight as well and seem to be a bit more structurally sound. Bottom line though, I want the car to handle as if on rails. It will see many open track days and probably One Lap in a couple years. And theres nothing I love more than tossing a car around a twisty mountain road.

Mean 69
07-22-2005, 09:54 AM
What kind of wheels/backspacing are you planning on running with the C5 brakes?

What is your project timeline?

Mark

dipren443
07-22-2005, 11:09 AM
As far as timeframe, I would like to complete this within the next two years. I don't have a ton of time. I am a field service engineer with one of the larger Power Generation companies and I am away from home more often than not.

Wheels I have not pinned down yet. I will be running something fairly lightweight to keep the unsprung weight down, but past that, I would just like to run something unique. Complete Custom Wheel's Classic design is a possibility. FIKSE's if cost isn't an issue by the time I get everything else done. Outside of those guidelines, I am not set on which wheels, but they will most likely have to be custom offsets, so most likely multi-piece.